Author Topic: A first timers trip to Maxton  (Read 2087 times)

Offline SlyOneJr

A first timers trip to Maxton
« on: June 26, 2010, 11:47:42 PM »
Just wanted to say a great big THANK YOU to everyone at the track today (Saturday), this was my first time going to Maxton, and I felt more like a family member, even just as a spectator, that I have at almost ANY drag race that I have been to in the past 15 odd years. Been involved in drag racing all my life and have been to a LOT of race tracks, but I never felt the fellowship that I did this weekend. I got the chance to meet a lot of great people, learned a heck of a lot of stuff, and here's the kicker, my fiancee came with me, and SHE ENJOYED HERSELF! Looks like I just might get to continue putting the lakester together on the dining room table, which by the way, makes a great build table once you put a 4x8 piece of plywood on it. Extra special thanks to Charles, Jon and Nancy (thanks for the super cool neck bands!), Joe, Keith, Todd and Debbie, and a real big thanks to Walt for picking me up and taking my stupid rear end back to the finish line! Talked to a lot of other people there, but I have a bad case of CRS (must be this North Carolina summer heat) and can't remember everyones name. Again, thanks to everyone there for making my fiancee and my first trip to Maxton a lot of fun! Bad news though, now you guys are stuck with me because I will be back!!!
:cheers:

Jeff
New Guy building a L/Gas Lakester
Ninja 250 powered Lakester for ECTA meets

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
Re: A first timers trip to Maxton
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 08:51:25 PM »
Great to see you Jeff. Sorry we did not get time to hang out more. Come back in September. The weather should be a little better.
Thank you to all the volunteers

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 09:07:57 PM »
Jeff it was nice to finally meet you in purpose. Glad you had a great time.. See you in September.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 10:56:33 PM »
Jeff -
Glad you two had a great time.  Now don't forget to volunteer!  You can contact me here or thru the ECTA website and we'll work you into the schedule.  It's really a lot of fun and I think there's more involvement.

Dan Stokes
Volunteer Coordinator, ECTA
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 10:13:15 PM »
That's the thing about LSR, everybody is your friend except for the guy in your class, and you still like them because they're trying to do the same thing you are...
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder