Author Topic: Maxtn June 2010 reports  (Read 19201 times)

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
Re: Maxtn June 2010 reports
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2010, 08:23:40 PM »
I think he hit every bump possible... I sure don't remember that many severe bumps ?

Also,,, Gloves are required for any speed,,,(at least that is how I read the rules)  must have been a rare oversight ?

Add Gloves to your shopping list please.  (rear shocks, front struts and Gloves,,,)

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline 116ciHemi

« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2010, 09:11:44 PM »
Section 3 A says that all drivers over 135 or in an open cockpit vehicle must wear driver's suit, gloves, headsock or helmet skirt, and boots. The last part of 3 A.1 Says that while the above is recommended for under 135, a minimum of long-sleeved shirt and long pants are required.

All of the 135 and up equipment is on my list, but you have to understand, I built that car with no steady job, just with brake jobs and oil changes in the driveway, and taking care of sled dogs for a week or two here and there and whatever other odd jobs I could pick up. My priorities were good brakes, a good front end, and a solid car to work with. The Red Hot Racing team donated the racing seat, most of the seatbelt stuff was donated by Revolutionary, and another racer welded in the rollbar for the cost of materials. I am not complaining, just saying that I am doing the best I can with what I have. Hopefully by next May when I get back I will have some more safety equipment. (and shocks!)

Offline Cajun Kid

« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2010, 09:18:51 PM »
116,  Let me know what size gloves you wear and I will make sure to have a pair available for you.

I understand your situation and I wa glad to see you make so many good runs and to see you break 100 was awesome.

We all want each other to be as safe as possible,,, all you have to do is ask, I am sure me and others would have been glad to loan you some gloves etc...

See you in September

Charles
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

Offline 116ciHemi

« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2010, 09:22:46 PM »
Thanks for offer. With my school schedule I won't be able to make it back till next May, at least to race. I may see if I can slip down in April to volunteer, but the car will be parked till then.

Offline Cajun Kid

« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2010, 09:27:11 PM »
116, remember all you have to do is ask,,,,

See you next year,,, good luck in school.

Charles
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

Offline 116ciHemi

« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2010, 09:37:04 PM »
The great thing about most of the racers in the ECTA (yourself included) is that most of the time I don't even have to ask. There is no way I would have gotten that car down the track without the generosity and motivation of other racers.

Offline t russell

« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2010, 09:48:43 PM »
No need to spend $ my gear is allways there.
terry

Offline DavidinDurango

« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2010, 11:36:04 PM »
Good job so far, don't ever quit! 

But we all want you safe, in case - you know?

Section 3 A says that all drivers over 135 or in an open cockpit vehicle must wear driver's suit, gloves, headsock or helmet skirt, and boots. The last part of 3 A.1 Says that while the above is recommended for under 135, a minimum of long-sleeved shirt and long pants are required.

All of the 135 and up equipment is on my list, but you have to understand, I built that car with no steady job, just with brake jobs and oil changes in the driveway, and taking care of sled dogs for a week or two here and there and whatever other odd jobs I could pick up. My priorities were good brakes, a good front end, and a solid car to work with. The Red Hot Racing team donated the racing seat, most of the seatbelt stuff was donated by Revolutionary, and another racer welded in the rollbar for the cost of materials. I am not complaining, just saying that I am doing the best I can with what I have. Hopefully by next May when I get back I will have some more safety equipment. (and shocks!)
DavidinDurango
Mostly Fords with "some stuff"
LSR, because it takes more than one ball to play.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2010, 12:25:47 AM »
I think he hit every bump possible... I sure don't remember that many severe bumps ?

Also,,, Gloves are required for any speed,,,(at least that is how I read the rules)  must have been a rare oversight ?

Add Gloves to your shopping list please.  (rear shocks, front struts and Gloves,,,)

Charles

Charles,

The faster you go the better the less severe the bumps seem, thank you for offering him safety gear.. :cheers: whether it is required or not..also to you T. Russell :cheers:

J

Offline Beairsto Racing

« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2010, 09:45:06 AM »
Very cool video Walt.
Thanks for posting. :cheers:
2 Club since '02
Sponsored by: Turple Bros.,
Palliser Chevrolet, Hose Headquarters, Bentley's Motosicle Pain Tin, The Window Man

Offline Worlds Fastest Comanche

« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2010, 09:33:18 PM »
Well I think i was the only Pickup truck that ran in June,   best run was 147.5   on a license run.   I checked the data logger, and my driver ( my son Scott) neglected to shift into 5th gear.  It shows he was up against the rev limiter at 150mph.   It was only his 6th time driving the car, and I am sure he had allot going on

Peter Lechtanski
The Worlds Fastest Comanche Project

Offline t russell

« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2010, 09:45:08 PM »
You guys done good with thecomanche. I like the drive train.Hope to see you in sep.
terry