Author Topic: 4 Cyl SD Pontiac Race Engine  (Read 12619 times)

Offline racergeo

4 Cyl SD Pontiac Race Engine
« on: June 25, 2010, 01:58:19 AM »
Pontiac 4 cyl SD engine components. These engines were used extensively in midgets, marine and drag applications and are a true race engine. The block is .020 overbore and has bronze lifter bores and roller cam bearings. Head studs and main bolts are there. Head is a completely developed competition eliminator drag race piece that was done by Judson Massengale of Popular Hot Rodding engine master fame. This engine made over 360 hp in F-Econo dragster trim. I basically have a complete engine, less pan and carbs. The head has titanium valves and retainers, Jessel roller rockers. It comes with two roller cams and roller lifters, I also have an adapter plate to allow it to be bolted to a Power Glide or turbo trans,I also have an adapter and valve cover required for this engine, a GM Performance forged crank, two sets of rods,pistons, as well as a box full of engine hardware. I bought this engine originally to be used in a Bonneville land speed car, then a friend was going to use it in a midget until they outlawed the super duty engine in the classic category. The fella I bought this engine from had over $20,000 invested in it when he was running it at 8.36 at 160 mph in the quarter mile. $2,500. Call George at 360.481.3368.
I have access to a discount freight company through my machine shop and won't charge anything other than the actual shipping cost. I will work with you to get the best deal, but expect to pay up to $300 if you live on the other side of the country, as I am in Western Washington.

Offline jacksoni

Re: 4 Cyl SD Pontiac Race Engine
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 01:55:06 PM »
Pontiac 4 cyl SD engine components. These engines were used extensively in midgets, marine and drag applications and are a true race engine. The block is .020 overbore and has bronze lifter bores and roller cam bearings. Head studs and main bolts are there. Head is a completely developed competition eliminator drag race piece that was done by Judson Massengale of Popular Hot Rodding engine master fame. This engine made over 360 hp in F-Econo dragster trim. I basically have a complete engine, less pan and carbs. The head has titanium valves and retainers, Jessel roller rockers. It comes with two roller cams and roller lifters, I also have an adapter plate to allow it to be bolted to a Power Glide or turbo trans,I also have an adapter and valve cover required for this engine, a GM Performance forged crank, two sets of rods,pistons, as well as a box full of engine hardware. I bought this engine originally to be used in a Bonneville land speed car, then a friend was going to use it in a midget until they outlawed the super duty engine in the classic category. The fella I bought this engine from had over $20,000 invested in it when he was running it at 8.36 at 160 mph in the quarter mile. $2,500. Call George at 360.481.3368.
I have access to a discount freight company through my machine shop and won't charge anything other than the actual shipping cost. I will work with you to get the best deal, but expect to pay up to $300 if you live on the other side of the country, as I am in Western Washington.

Whats the stroke? ie displacement? and what is the head- SD 801, or a SBC and which do you know? And is it a true SD block or a KRP? Thanks.
jack
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline desotoman

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 02:02:29 PM »
George,

What bellhousing patten does this motor have? B-O-P or Chevy. Is this the same motor I talked to you about a few years ago? Didn't you have 2 motors or is my memory completely shot.

Thanks,

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline racergeo

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 06:18:36 PM »
    Tom, your memory is not shot. The Pontiac SD had the corporate BOP bell pattern so they could go in Fieros and the like but I have purchased an adapter so it will fit chevy.I have an auto flex plate that fits the SD crank which is 3.25 stroke. For another $75 I will include a 3.6 marine crank that will yield 182C.I. at the current 4.02 bore. The stock block is the weak point of those engines but the cast crank is good for 400hp just like a sb chevy. So don't be afraid of a stock crank with a little prep and correct clearance.These engines have the same strength as a bowtie sb chev and can be built to 800 plus hp with a big turbo if a guy knows what he is doing. Oh and to answer the other question it is an 801 head. If no one in the land speed comunity wants this I am putting it on ebay as I need the money to pay the second half of the steamliner project I just bought from Mike Cook. I'll be putting a lot of stuff for sale soon. LOL

Offline desotoman

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 09:55:56 PM »
Guys and Gals,

George was nice enough to send me pictures of this motor a couple of years ago. I seriously thought about buying it, for my 300 car. The only reason I did not, is because I have way to many projects already. I thought it was a nice motor, and the price was higher at the time. Now that the price is lower it is a great deal IMO.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

biturbo999

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 06:58:32 PM »
I know the original post was months ago, but any chance this engine is still for sale? Thanks.