Author Topic: Preparations for Speedweek  (Read 4868 times)

Offline Bob Drury

Preparations for Speedweek
« on: June 23, 2010, 12:02:45 PM »
  Well, the preparations for Speedweek are going pretty much as planned.
  Last week I made my yearly trip to the engine builder to threaten his future ability to father children if I don't get my motor soon.
  Yesterday morning I decided to take advantage of the first dry day in two months and repack the wheel bearings on the trailer. I started by jumping into my tow vehicle and backing it into the side of my daily driver and discovering why the SCTA requires film on windows. Luckily I have a spare door and if you can't tell the diffenence between brown and black, its a match.
  As I pulled the wheels off the trailer, lo and behold I find half of the rear spring is missing, and as a result two tires now have half of their tread missing.
  Today I am going under the trailer to paint.  I will be doing this naked, as I know the first thing to happen will be knocking over the paint can, and I don't want to ruin any more Bonneville T-shirts.
                                                                                                      Bob

Bob Drury

Offline Geo

Re: Preparations for Speedweek
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 01:42:18 PM »
Ha, that's so true and funny from here!

Thanks for pointing out I am not the only one suprises happen to.  I'll buy you a beer for bringing sanity back into my live after a similar series of odd happenings.

Geo

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 02:44:23 PM »
Bob, Freud has notified the local police and is hiding in the bushes with his camera. This should surpass anything Obama does today. To follow by Freud is the saga of the bare assed bottom painter. Next chapter will be the spring hanger story. :evil:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline salt27

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 03:28:35 PM »
  Today I am going under the trailer to paint.  I will be doing this naked, as I know the first thing to happen will be knocking over the paint can, and I don't want to ruin any more Bonneville T-shirts.
                                                                                                      Bob

No photo's necessary, thank you.

Don

Offline Freud

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 02:15:09 PM »
To further embarrA S S   Bob, I plan to use my newest filter. It will make his

fat A S S look bony.

That will make his prior lineup fotos invalid.

He has probably previously banned me from his property.

FREUD
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 02:22:22 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 03:48:30 PM »
  Dagnabbit Glen, we are both still alive..............   I am the one covered in black paint.  That's as far as this conversation needs to go.....................    Sign me "Charcoal Luster" Bob :roll:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 03:51:19 PM by Bob Drury »
Bob Drury

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 12:32:48 AM »
  Miracles do happen.  I just recieved a call from my engine builder saying my motor is done..............
  That is exactly 40 days earlier than the last race.  To say I am shocked is a vast understatement.
  I am going to call him back in the morning just to make sure this isn't a paint induced dream...........
  Now I need to list the last of the furniture on Craigslist and stop by the blood bank to drum up a little cash.......................... ah, the life of a big time racer................... :-P
Bob Drury

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 12:44:26 AM »
How's the truck transmission??  :mrgreen:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 12:49:34 AM »
No one can have bad luck at everything all of the time.  The chances must be 1,000 to 1 for this to happen.  Something good must occur too, based on the theory of probability.  Odds are the race will be perfect if everything before the race is a disaster.  This might be the beginning of the year when the big record is set.

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 12:15:52 PM »
..... or I end up in debtors prison...................... :-o
Bob Drury