Author Topic: David Carroll passes  (Read 3162 times)

Online jl222

David Carroll passes
« on: June 20, 2010, 01:56:36 PM »

David Carroll a longtime friend and 200 mph club member since 1974 passed away.
 David was a racers racer as he built his own motors and cars himself and drag raced his 1954 corvette from the early 60's
to now. His wife Sharron and son Jeff were part of the racing family.
  David and I and several other Bville racers were members of the Santa Barbara Dusters car club from the mid 1950's to
the early 70's.
 David was a great guy and will be missed by many.

JL222

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
Re: David Carroll passes
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 03:42:06 PM »
 I never met the man, but any LSR is family.  My condolences to his family, and friends.      Crow.
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline Freud

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 03:59:59 PM »
I sure remember him.

Santa Barbara has been well represented in the LSR community.

My condolences to his family.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 01:33:22 PM »
I met Dave at the drags when I was looking at his 54 Corvette. He was admiring my Red Hat and said he had been in the 2 Club since 74. We enjoyed each other company for a while. He was a real gentleman. We are always sad when we loose a fellow racer.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Bob Beatty

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 02:39:26 PM »
My condolences to David's family and especially to our fellow 2 club member, his son Jeff.  We have truly lost a racer's racer.
Godspeed David.
Bob Beatty

There is no such thing as too much horsepower
 338.954 MPH
 B/BFL

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 04:38:37 PM »
One of my first experiences in bonneville was with David, Sharon and Jeff.  Not only did I grow up with them in Santa Barbara I remember them most in Bonneville.  Great family, my best wishes go out to them.

Online jl222

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 01:11:54 PM »

There will be a celabration of David's life at the Elks club in Goleta Ca [ Calle Real and Kellogg] on Sunday 27th starting at noon.
  This will be held in the Elks grove part of the facility. Friends are encouraged to bring their hot rods.

JL222

Online jl222

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 12:21:11 AM »
  David had many friends, there were over 50 tables and a lot of friends standing [300 +]. The landspeed racers were well
represented with at least 10 200 mph club members there + several more of there crews and other lsr racers.
  I saw 13 members of our old Dusters car club some I had not seen in years.
 Many friends brought their Hot Rods for display.
 David was an avid drag racer with over 20 races in 09 and there were lots of friends from that group also.
 The Drag racer preacher from there organization presided over the ceremony and did a good job. Friends were asked for a
reminiace about David so I couldn't resist the story of how the big boulders came to be placed in front of the big lawn across the street that belonged to the famous [ OLD MISSION SANTA BARBARA]. One weekend night we were cruising by the front of the Mission and David whips out on the big beautifull lawn and proceeds to spin a bunch of donuts,no warning
next thing we know were out on the lawn spinning donuts, Linda thought we were all going to Hell for sure :-P especially
David being such a good Catholic boy.  :-D
  We grew up in a great time turning 16 in 1956, hot rods-car clubs- rock and roll and drag racing.

JL222 :cheers:

« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 01:37:51 AM by jl222 »