Author Topic: M-B_-500 #2300b  (Read 22919 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: M-B_-500 #2300b
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2010, 12:28:44 PM »
Well, whatever -- let's get the guy taught so he can share his photos no matter how he does it.  As for me -- your description of "left click this" and "right click that" is confusing - to me, the all-Apple guy.  For those of you that don't know it, the Apple mouse has not left and right buttons to click. 
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline don

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2010, 12:37:53 PM »

Lets see if this works

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2010, 01:16:05 PM »
Emperor Norton --

"Therefore it must be so simple even an idiot can do it!"

Aren't you still trying to memorize your firing order?  You told me it was your #1 project.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2010, 01:53:48 PM »
Emperor Norton --

Aren't you still trying to memorize your firing order?  You told me it was your #1 project.

Stan

Stan,  you'd be confused too if you had to wire this.

By weslake at 2010-07-06
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2010, 02:37:27 PM »
Modern vehicle wiring (notice modern) ... all positive wires are in the harness ... doesnt help much does it ... Joe

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2010, 04:36:14 PM »
I think the room is smarter than me   :-( ---instdead of vice -versa  :?
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2010, 11:07:22 PM »
I think the room is smarter than me   :-( ---instdead of vice -versa  :?

I would say there is a lot of arguement in that statement.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2010, 02:04:28 AM »
Well the thing fires and runs on the street---

with the high gear running in a neighbor hood with only a rear brake---never got above 5500 in low gear---lol we think we maybe on the verge of getting the turbo to spool we need to jet it richer---it must have been jetted for the mountains---the exhaust get HOT  will try to post tomorrow brain is tired and beingineered
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2010, 01:23:11 AM »
WE chickened out broke down and bought a new hybrid "15" series turbo  spent all afternoon instaling it---it for sure should light off. converted a jet ski layanard so that we have a a legal KIll if we are asked  las tmajor thing is saftey wiring the rear axle.  Repaired th trailer and cleand out the truck--- should be able to leave for the salt Thursday noon will spend the night in LV  drive in Friday.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2010, 10:58:24 PM »
Joey is off to work on his leathers we found on craigslist--- the bike is ready for inspection---yeah

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2010, 01:35:41 PM »
Boy oh boy did we get an education

1. about factory literature---turns out the rev limiter is 4950 not 7950  I guess that is why it has no tach
2. speedo accuracy  way way off-- over 20%  registers 90 actually about 77
3. FUEL  thanks to someone in impound  we learned about fuel vapor heat range charts and such

bottom line is if you have detonation issues go with octane ratings--- if not choose the fuel that will vaporize 90% at the lowest temp 

we posted record on an open-- that was WAY slower than we had hoped for-- we over geared--very rookie mistake ---we didnt get near the boost we were hoping for because  of the rpm limits
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 11:30:39 PM by SPARKY »

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2010, 01:47:43 PM »
Welcome to Bonneville!!!

Offline joea

« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2010, 10:44:00 PM »
thats kinda funny..... nrhs welcoming a 300 mph veteran to bonneville........