Author Topic: M-B_-500 #2300b  (Read 22931 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: M-B_-500 #2300b
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2010, 11:14:17 PM »
Thanks Jon That is what I had guessed  well if he buys those we can have it removed, may be we can make patches out of it  :-D.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2010, 12:45:24 AM »
Wow---Rube Goldberg would be proud but we have a free standing oil system for the Turbo and no leaks---25 psi with a 7/64 orifice for the turbo 20-50 synthetic for the turbo.  If all goes well we will see if the turbo will light off.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Beairsto Racing

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2010, 08:36:07 AM »
Please post some more pictures when you get a chance  :cheers:
2 Club since '02
Sponsored by: Turple Bros.,
Palliser Chevrolet, Hose Headquarters, Bentley's Motosicle Pain Tin, The Window Man

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2010, 11:34:25 AM »
my camera died---I will see if my wifes works

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2010, 12:10:09 PM »
test---jeeez I am such a retard with this digital stuff ---Sorry guys---I have other picts but between sizing and it telling me I have already submitted---
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 12:47:47 PM by SPARKY »

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2010, 02:48:59 PM »
Sparky, whatcha need to do is learn how to put photos on a site like photobucket.  That way you don't have either size worries OR "filename already used" messages.  Either try to figure it out -- or ask me at Speedweek and I'll show you how.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2010, 05:09:39 PM »
thanks

Offline Chaulkdust

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2010, 10:36:55 PM »
As far as the air plenum you need to go at least 4 to 1 with 1 cyl engine. If your plenum is too small the symptoms you will encounter is that that bike will run fine at low rpms but as the rpms rise it will sputter and start dying out. I made the same error and it took weeks to find out what the problem was. You can't make too large of a plenum only too small. Shurflo's make a pump ($85 or so) that will work to scavenge oil but the temp is limited to 170-180 Deg F. The RB pump will work as well just more $$. Put in a weld bung in the down pipe off the turbo for a wide band 02 sensor and Air Fuel Monitor- you're gonna need it to dial in the motor. The worst thing is to be running to lean, you want to start rich and work your way up to your best performance level. Depending on your setup best performance will probably be between a A/F ratio of 12.8 - 13.4 or so. Best to start in the 11's (rich). You don't want to wreck the motor after doing all the hard work getting it setup and running. There is lots on info on this stuff in books & the Internet, be sure to do your homework well and take your time. Oh, in draw through systems you do not want to use an intercooler (period).
Ron Pavlak
Florida

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2010, 11:00:10 PM »
We run our na motors at about 12.8, I think the turbo guys are in the 11's.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2010, 01:06:21 AM »
Well we got them to photobucket---havent figured out next step
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 10:23:32 AM by SPARKY »

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2010, 08:48:46 AM »
On the bottom of each photo on Photobucket there are three ways to copy the image to someplace, and the one you'll want to use is the last one.  It starts with .

Put your cursor on it and click to copy it.  Sometimes I have to click on it and then go up to the toolbar, on the top of the screen, and click "copy" out of the "edit" menu there.  Whatever -- once the [img] has been clicked on so you can copy it -- go to the Forum post you're working on, put your cursor where you want the photo to be, and click "paste".  You'll get that long line of goofy-looking identity-of-the-photo stuff pasted right into the post.  You won't see the picture then, but once you're done with the entire post and click "Post" -- the resulting post will be your text and the photos in full living color.

What you're doing is embedding a link to the photobucket image right in the middle of your post.  It not only allows you to avoid having the "filename  already used" message given to you, but with the Photobucket site you can have picture files as big as you might want.  Better still, it takes up almost no room on the landracing.com site, helping keep things small (and therefore cheap) on the server.

There are other "photo" sites, like Flikr (or some such spelling) and probably others.  Photobucket gives you plenty of space for all the photos you're likely to want to store - - free.  I pay $25/year and get way more space, but I post so many - especially during events - that I use up all of the free space pretty early in the year.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2010, 12:14:53 PM »
No, but you're close, Sparky.  Maybe things have changed a little since I last used the site, but I have to use -- and you didn't use -- the trick thingie that starts with "".

The links you put up take us to photobucket and we can see you photos -- one at a time.  If you can eventually figure it out -- the photos will magically appear right in your post as photos, not links. 

Starting early tomorrow morning Nancy and I will have three days in the truck -- which is time for me to go to Photobucket and refresh my memory on how to do it.  And then I'll get back with you.  Right now -- no time.  I'm just about done packing the truck and trailer.  Whew, this is work.  And I wonder how the heck I'd get everything in there if I was carrying a couple of race bikes, too!  I've got one -- a nitrous 'Busa -- and with that and the pit bike and everything for Salt Talks including a deep freeze full of pasties and our mini-fridge for sandwich and drink stuff while we're driving -- heck, as I said -- "how'd I get three more bikes in here?".

We'll see you and everyone in less than a week.  Whoo-hoooo!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2010, 10:12:34 AM »
Sparky, you can also change the size of picture you are taking in the camera menu...  use the smallest size.... Photobucket is good, but I'm sure you have seen photos missing on this site because the account is inactive or expired....

see ya on the salt  8-)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2010, 12:16:30 PM »
Sparky,  Forget photobucket.  I could never get that to work either.  Go to Imageshack.  Its a whole lot easier.  When you go to upload photos you get a size option.  From small to large.  And when you go to retrieve them for this forum its a simple click in the share box and the photo shows up in a box with the various options.  Left click on forums and right click on paste and voila! your home and dry.  Think about it Sparky.  My sidecar runs a coil and points!!!  I have no idea about electronic ignitions yet I can post photos.  Therefore it must be so simple even an idiot can do it!
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.