Author Topic: Engine Specs  (Read 10806 times)

Offline desotoman

Re: Engine Specs
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2010, 05:54:44 PM »
Hi Willie,

Thanks, for the clarification.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 05:58:49 PM »
Hi tom  very nice seeing you at el mirage                                willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline desotoman

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2010, 06:32:13 PM »
Hi Willie,

It was nice to see and talk to you and Sheri also.

Tom G.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline wrongway

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2010, 06:43:59 PM »
wrongway   before you start an argument with me you should read the whole rule book and not just the parts that suit you---just because i live in calif. i still have a ecta rule book  --perhaps you should read  7.j.i and 7.j.2  ----i remember it like this  special construction classes build off of modified production classes and modified production classes build off of production classes --as you move away from production you are allowed to do more and more---if in special construction 7.h.18 only motorcycle engines are permitted  NO CHEVYS ALLOWED  then they wont be allowed in modified or in production which are stricter classes                           willie buchta                   

ok , so I am rereading the rule book here is the section in question....

7.J.1
Production engines must be the same model as the model of frame being used and must have STOCK EXTERNAL APPEARANCE.

The model in question is BHC-3 ZZ4 SS.... I think you are confusing the Make with the Model ...

this is really stupid ...

the car section does a much better job of defining what engines are legal , it says " The engine used must have been available in the model of the vehicle used as purchased from ANY automobile dealer."

that makes sense and allows for manufacturers to OEM engines from other manufacturers, like Dodge using a Cummins, or Ford using Mazda or International, etc

Roy

Offline willieworld

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2010, 07:41:17 PM »
roy   i will try this one more time---i will list the reasons you cant run a chevy motor in production or modified production---the boss hoss is built to your specs and not all to the same standard---chevy never made a motorcycle---chevy never made a motorcycle frame--wheel base maximums---- a chevy motor is a CAR motor--because the maximum displacement in production and modified production is 3000 cc  thats 183 cu. in.  ---because the ecta and scta say that you cant--i am sure there are more but any one should do it   willie buchta

http://www.mountainbosshoss.com/specs.htm
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 07:52:30 PM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline wrongway

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2010, 08:21:52 PM »
roy   i will try this one more time---i will list the reasons you cant run a chevy motor in production or modified production---  

---because the ecta and scta say that you cant--

and that pretty much sums it up.
If you wanted to ban a manufacturer , you should have just done that instead of trying to legislate it out .The rule book would be easier to follow.

Roy

Offline willieworld

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2010, 09:15:03 PM »
roy   it seams that way sometimes---i actually like the special construction A classes better there are less restrictions --in the sidecar and sidecar streamliner and streamliner classes  you can do pretty much what you want though there are still rules there is lots of room for innovation --i run in the sidecar class because i think it has the least amount of rules ( dont tell anyone i said that ) i will give you the same advise i do to everyone ---read the rule book until you can answer any question asked---build something that fits your budget---plan plan plan ---whatever you plan on spending double that ---HAVE FUN   if you need help let me know    willie buchta

i just looked in my  1984 rule book --the oldest one i have--maximum displacement in production is 3000 cc---looks like the guy that built the boss hoss didnt read the scta rule book
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 12:39:59 PM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline tekebird

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2010, 10:53:32 PM »
here you go:

what does one do with any of the number of different motorcycles manufactures that do not produce their own engines, but rather source them (or sourced them) from other manufacturers?

Offline RichFox

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2010, 12:02:20 AM »
One thing I learned from the Propster, and it took a while. Is that sometimes a persons hobby only seems to be LSR. In truth they would rather debate. I don't mind a little debating. But I think I would try to find a debating web site if that was my goal.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2010, 12:15:11 AM »
HEAR, HEAR Rich!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline desotoman

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2010, 02:24:32 PM »
here you go:

what does one do with any of the number of different motorcycles manufactures that do not produce their own engines, but rather source them (or sourced them) from other manufacturers?

Or what about a company that builds a "Motorcycle Motor" but does not build a "Motorcycle". Or is that considered a purpose built motor?  

Tom G.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2010, 02:28:19 PM »
Oh, what the heck -- why not continue to stir the pot?  Bimota builds fine higher-end bikes -- and uses Ducati engines.  Any trouble using a Bimota in any bike class, even production?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2010, 06:36:06 PM »
Don't forget Buell and Aprilia use ROTAX engines.
Thank you to all the volunteers