Author Topic: today at elmo  (Read 13189 times)

Offline desotoman

Re: today at elmo
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2010, 10:57:11 PM »

Tom,
Barry Kaplan could sure make a 1/2 engine run and I believe Freddy does pretty good too.

I agree, but those two run or ran, that weird yellow stuff that smells funny and makes my eyes burn.  :-D

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline dw230

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2010, 10:59:19 PM »
Mike,

OEM Chevy head had three straight intake ports.

Rich, it is my understanding that the Howard GMC head was designed by Howard Johansen using the Chevy angled ports. Not a use of the Wayne patterns.

Funny story from Nick Arias, he claims that a few years after Wayne Horning and my father split he asked Horning why didn't he design his GMC head with angled ports. Wayne's answer "too stupid".

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2010, 12:45:45 AM »
Mike,

OEM Chevy head had three straight intake ports.

Rich, it is my understanding that the Howard GMC head was designed by Howard Johansen using the Chevy angled ports. Not a use of the Wayne patterns.

Funny story from Nick Arias, he claims that a few years after Wayne Horning and my father split he asked Horning why didn't he design his GMC head with angled ports. Wayne's answer "too stupid".
DW

Funny indeed, Kinda like Enzo saying aerodynamics were for people who can't build engines.
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...