Author Topic: Records at BUB  (Read 7246 times)

Offline Eric_M

• Bub 50cc Project
Re: Records at BUB
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 04:07:16 PM »
Delvene Relays:

The records that have been set at the BUB meet are located in a couple of places.....

The link in Calkins' post is the most current FIM listing. The FIM currently does NOT have the WR listings on their website, so BUB made their own list so that record set there could be seen in a readily available format. This is current to include up to 2008 - BUB has not received the FIM 2009 record listing yet, though we have been told they are ratified and preparing certificates.

AMA National records are listed in the back of the AMA supplemental regulations rule book- current also to 2008. The 2010 book (due out v.soon) will have the 2009 record included.

ALL of the results for each year individually can be seen on the 'results' section for each year of the meet (go to that year's archive and follow the links).

Offline cranberryroo

• New folks
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 03:47:49 PM »
So pending the 2009 records, which I can't find anywhere :?, are those records in the link the only records available? Seems like a lot of classes aren't listed.
After searching on the FIM website for several hours and not finding any records, I emailed them, but haven't gotten a reply back. Are there any other lists of FIM records besides the BUB list?

Offline maj

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 05:48:07 PM »
I think i read somewhere about an addium to 1979 records ???

Frankly i think its a bit slack that after spending a lot more money to run FIM that the results are so slow , esp if trying to get sponsership to help an international entry with the costs ,
What company wants to sponser something where the results can't be used for such a long time, nor publicy visible

Offline Larry C

• Global Moderator
  • Real sidecars have passengers
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 09:54:52 PM »
The catch is that if you really want a true world record you just have to put up with a very. very slow (and aggravating) FIM bureaucracy. Try as they might BUB has not been able to light a fire under them, and believe me they have tried!

Offline maj

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 09:28:47 PM »
AMA again this year   :cheers: 

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2010, 01:09:32 AM »
There is a massive amount of paperwork and other tasks for an FIM application.  It is to late to start on it now.  Everything was due on the 11th.

Offline cranberryroo

• New folks
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2010, 02:52:57 AM »
There is a massive amount of paperwork and other tasks for an FIM application.  It is to late to start on it now.  Everything was due on the 11th.
I'm not sure who you were replying to, but I was just looking to find records that people have made. There must be a list of FIM records somewhere? (IE where is the 2005 FIM records referenced on the Bub page?) I sent out some emails, but I haven't seen any lists yet.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2010, 10:06:04 PM »
My mistake.  I spent a lot of time trying to find the records myself with no luck.  I went into the FIM website and read all sorts of stuff, and I am confused on this issue, too.  A lot of their proceedings are hard to understand, but the impression I had is that they had not ratified them in early May when I looked.