Author Topic: Kawasaki fuel lines  (Read 6058 times)

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
Kawasaki fuel lines
« on: June 09, 2010, 02:46:44 PM »
Does anyone know a supplier or alternatively how to modify the length of Kawasaki fuel lines, Mine are push on clip kinda things and although they only run @40psi I am dubious of trying to bodge them.
My only other thought was to weld s/s fittings to the pump and fuel rail and use braided hose.

Cheers Oz
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
Re: Kawasaki fuel lines
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 03:19:58 PM »
Sounds like they are the same as the busa lines, I run 55psi with mine no problem. You could put clamps over the clips, double safe.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 03:35:17 PM »
I think you misunderstood me Fred the fittings look like this

and push onto a spur like this

and are a hard plastic pipe I dont think they are seperatable, if you get where I am coming from or are they.

Cheers Oz
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 04:54:41 PM »
Dont ask me about the mean green stuff, its been 30yrs since I owned a Kawi. That being said, your setup looks way more substantial than the Suzi stuff.

My last Kawi was an '81 GPZ 1100, it wouldnt go straight in a straight line. :-P

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline sabat

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 05:09:03 PM »
You can cut and reuse the connectors, just need to find the correct hose.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 11:50:39 PM »
When we ran the 10 we brazed a fitting on the tube and used AN fittings and braided line
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 12:32:28 AM »
Thanks Sabat I will cut the fittings off and have a look for pipe and if that dosent pan out its tried and tested Stainless/Oz method cut the offending article off and use something sensible. I was hoping someone actually made extended lines those quick release things make life simple.

Thanks fellas.Oz

Offline maj

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 07:42:53 PM »
5/16 fuel line fits nice on the ends once you carefully cut the plastic from them
turbo Busas often use the std outlet as return (like pictured above ) and i have used the std fittings on the fuel rail at up to 80 psi
although i use 400 psi hydraulic hose for fuel line at these pressures

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 08:00:09 PM »
The quick-release fittings on your bike not only make taking off the lines easier, but they rotate too. When you are raising and lowering your tank, the fittings rotate without leaking. So if you eliminate them, make sure you provide a way for the lines to rotate (such as with a AN swivel fitting), or coil your fuel lines so that they do not try to twist that fragile tubing off the fuel pump assembly.
Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 02:48:47 PM »
oops forgot to check the topic for a while,I would like to keep the fittings Don makes life alot easier,so Maj do you just push em on there and  pipe clamp/jubillee clip them or some other method,Glue I dunno the fuel tank sits directly under my seat and over exhaust and toasted nuts aint a good idea I froze them last speedweek when the nitrous gauge blew up they were the only cold bits on me.

ta Oz
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 02:53:03 PM by oz »

Offline maj

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 06:42:33 PM »
Yep hose clamps ,  when the plastic line is removed the fitting has a good barb and an o ring
If your exhaust is close i would be more cautious , don't want to compromise the strength of the fitting with excessive heat

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 12:19:48 PM »
Excellent I could always use a resin bonding on the barb and then clamp it,It will be fire sleeved anyway.
Nice one cheers Maj

Oz

Offline maj

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 08:04:05 PM »
 :cheers:

Offline brent

• New folks
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 07:09:23 PM »
I am in the process of fire proofing my fuel lines on my zx14.  I found on line at firesleeveandtape.com there is tape for fire proofing gas and oil and welding lines.  Looks like it would be easy to use.  And you can buy it by the ft. at different widths.  I'm going to call scta tech guy and fnd out if its OK.