Author Topic: Legends car in /GCT  (Read 2857 times)

Offline ND RAM

• New folks
  • Just a farm truck...
    • FQuick
Legends car in /GCT
« on: June 06, 2010, 08:38:12 PM »
Has anyone run a Legends car in a /GCT class or is that even allowed.  They have Yamaha motorcycle engines so not sure how that would affect anything.  I'm curious because my local track is expanding and it might finally be realistic to get a legends car since there are two tracks close enough to compete for track championships.  Just wondering what the lsr feesability of it would be.

Daniel
Current Project; (ECTA C/PP) 1984 Dodge Ram D150 318, A727A, 2.94 gear.

Long Term Project; "Petty Ram" hopefully 200+mph at the Monster Mile.

Offline t russell

Re: Legends car in /GCT
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 08:47:15 PM »
Yes I beleve one ran in low 120s 4/5 years ago.
terry

LittleLiner

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 08:16:28 AM »
The car Terry mentioned might have been a Dwarf car but no matter.  Your Legends car is legal for CT.  With the 1200 Yamaha it would be in H class (H/GCT and H/FCT).  Remember - NO STAGGER - for LSR. Also you might want to check with ECTA about roll cage tubing requirements.  I can't recall the tube specs for a Legends car but I suspect they might be thinner and/or smaller than the tubing called for in the ECTA rule book.   If you are keeping the speed under 135 this might not be an issue.  <disclaimer - I AM NOT an official of the ECTA>  Free advice is worth every penny.  

One of the advantages of LSR is there is nobody trying to "put you into the wall"
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 08:18:18 AM by LittleLiner »

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »
I have been looking at the Thunder Roadster instead of the Legend.  It has the sealed 'crate' Yamaha 1250 with a Toyota diff with a wide range of gearing available.  Best part is that it has the legal tubing where I am 90% sure that the Legend does not.  Next best part is the fact that the series is struggling big time on the east coast and complete packages are out there at decent prices.

If I had the space for a car trailer i would love to run one but I guess I will just have to watch someone else, maybe you, run one.  I believe one can  claim the circle track records fairly easy and then converted to a lakester or streamliner. 

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 05:37:32 PM »
LittleLiner,
Answers to questions are one dollar ... correct answers are two dollars .... dumb looks are free.

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 05:36:24 AM »
We had a formula 1000 car in the workshop the other day
It had a Yamaha R1 Motor in it an according to the chap who owned it, it was "more fun than a very fun thing"
I looked at it and thought to myself, cheap LSR car

http://www.racingconcepts.info/

A link to their site
G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

penny

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 08:54:36 PM »
i have been interested in thunder roadsters for quite awhile now and have searched the net and cant find any chassis details or photos without body panels, can anyone help me out .paul in oz

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 09:25:02 PM »
The problem with most of the road racing cars is that they aren't designed to take a cage meeting normal LSR specs and they don't fit in any LSR class. The closest thing is lakester and aerodynamically they're terrible compared to most of what's running in the class.

Pete