Author Topic: My CBR1000A/F ...Again  (Read 41492 times)

Offline Buzz Lightbeer

Re: My CBR1000A/F ...Again
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2012, 03:30:20 PM »
OI 3pm posting on here, get back to work chopchop :-D well done Oz

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2012, 09:52:20 PM »
Dr Frankenstein has the same problems.  Monsters do not spring to life all at once.  There is some drama to the deal.

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2012, 04:08:50 PM »
Just spent another 4 hours re routing wiring to try and clean the signal up a bit more and wouldnt you know it back to square one filthy useless signal
Arghh and a crap day at work to boot someones gona get it tomorow!!!
Wont get another oportunity for over a week to get any major time on it.
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2012, 04:43:06 PM »
Oz - Do this the same way that some one eats an elephant. One bite at a time.

Joe

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2012, 03:18:08 PM »
Finished eating the Elephant tonight it runs sweet Cheers Adz the new shielded worked a treat I also found a few loose connections on the starer system which was probably not helping.
Body work and dyno next all good again,phew!!
Oz
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline Jon

« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2012, 03:29:28 PM »
Congratulations Oz, thought you said you didn't do that electrickery stuff :-)

What bodywork are you doing?
Going partial streamlined or staying naked?

jon
Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2012, 04:00:41 PM »

Hi Jon
New dummy tank/cover for the airbox and new tail section something a bit more aerodynamic,but yup staying naked as nature/technology intended,
your streamliner looks real good fella when you doin a build diary.
Oz

Offline Jon

« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2012, 04:26:35 PM »
Thanks Oz, good luck on the Dyno, like your EFI, is your NO2 still variable or staged?

See you posted on Dave's thread that you hadnt done any fibreglass work Oz, the Streamliner plug is the 2nd fibreglass job ive ever done.
The first one was a model at school which caught on fire, bit too much hardener i think  :|

Might kick off a build thread after we get back from Lake Gairdner and i get going on it again.
There's nothing much to look at currently, parts that i have bought and made, and a buildtable with a ellipses set up on it to mock stuff up inside.
The CDS tubing for my frame turned up the day after Dave and I decided to throw a M-G bike together for him.

jon

Underhouse Engineering

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2012, 12:46:42 AM »
its Variable I run a shnitz pnc setup easy to work with and real reliable so far

I have it jetted for 120hp but can turn it down on the controller.

I dont think I have time to learn the glass work in time this year might have to give it a go though.

Cheers Oz

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2012, 10:48:55 AM »
Unfortunatley work and other commitments have slowed things up a little but still managing to do a bit here and there,two new revised side panels!!

Makes access to fuses a bit easier than the last one.

We had a few issues with the small battery flattening if not used for a while and removing the bodywork is tedious so auxilliary battery input so no more removal of bodywork for jump leads.

Cheers Oz

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2012, 10:33:53 PM »
Oz, the mechanic who fixed my electrics installed a new Deka ETX12 sealed gel battery in the Triumph.  Up until then I used premium lead acid batteries.  The Deka holds a charge for much longer periods of time and it does not go flat as quick if the bike has been sitting and is hard to start.  It is a definite improvement.     

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2012, 02:16:10 AM »
Hi Wobbly
It is a top line Gel battery but it should be a higher AMP hour for the stock engine but space for it is at a premium,With the extra compression and all the other gizmos running in the background it struggles till it is running I reckon.

Cheers Oz

Offline DavieB

« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2012, 04:06:29 AM »
Hi OZ

If your having problems still finding a strong enough battery that's really small try googling Ripperton Batteries. If you look in my build I have one mounted on the tail of my bike it's really small and very light. It starts my bike and my ducati just fine.

If you search around on YouTube you will find a few videos of the guy who makes them starting a 4ltr 6 cylinder car with the same batteries.

Hope it helps  :-D

Dave

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2012, 01:12:02 PM »
Nice one cheers Davie will do!

Offline Jon

« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2012, 06:28:25 AM »
Hi OZ

If your having problems still finding a strong enough battery that's really small try googling Ripperton Batteries. If you look in my build I have one mounted on the tail of my bike it's really small and very light. It starts my bike and my ducati just fine.

If you search around on YouTube you will find a few videos of the guy who makes them starting a 4ltr 6 cylinder car with the same batteries.

Hope it helps  :-D

Dave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1tfL8lon9k&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Underhouse Engineering