Author Topic: My CBR1000A/F ...Again  (Read 41498 times)

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: My CBR1000A/F ...Again
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2012, 02:58:16 PM »
I can see there's a bit of a problem -- in that you're showing us Uncle Sam's money and you live in the world of George Osborne.  Other than that -- as my bike supplier keeps telling me -- you need blinders, Oz -- to keep you focused on the end of the journey, not the side tracks (like paying it all back). :roll:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 03:57:10 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2012, 03:04:26 PM »
LOL if I didnt have blinkers on I reckon I might have started looking for a cheeper hobby, ah who the hell am I kidding theres only ever going to be one hobby or is it an addiction!!!
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline Jon

« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2012, 03:11:57 PM »
Carbs are sitting in a box under the bench thanks Oz, glad the VB still worked ok upside down, hope you didn't drink it warm :)

You running custom cams? I haven't really looked into engine parts much as will run it fairly standard first year to makes sure eveything works ok.

So of to the salt this year?

Cheers
Jon
Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2012, 03:23:10 PM »
You know us Pommies Jon I had to warm it up to room temperature in the microwave before I could drink it.

Stock cams on slotted pulleys, It runs Nitrous so dont want too much overlap for blow past and cant go too much on lift because of high comp so duration would be my only option really.

I may have a set of Forged pistons coming up soon unless I decide to lower the comp and go blown next time if you need some bud.
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2012, 12:45:40 PM »
I got a little further this weekend, The airbox is piped in the Nitrous system all works fine it turns over on the button without blowing fuses on the ignition system so all is looking good.I still have the MAP sensor to wire and plumb into the airbox a blanking plug for the fuel tank to source and the crank pick up to wire into the ECU and it should fingers crossed touch wood yadda yadda yadda start up next weekend maybe!!!

Heres hoping Oz

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2012, 11:48:00 PM »
Looks good.  Tell is what happens or have someone make a video.  The first start up can be a thriller.

Offline Jon

« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2012, 04:40:40 PM »
Good luck with the start up Oz.
Hopefully the smoke comes out of all the bits that is meant to and nothing it's not.

Are you running MAP sensor off a single inlet or manifolding them together.
I was going tee mine together initially but now going to just run into one for less stuff to go wrong.

Cheers
Jon
Underhouse Engineering

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2012, 12:34:18 PM »
The throttle bodies had a loom of pipes kinda thing that all fed into one tube which the kwak used for its MAP sensor so i will just use that I reckon
they spend millions developing that kinda thing so if its good for them its good for me.

Cheers oz

Offline Jon

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2012, 05:34:08 AM »
Get it fired up Oz?
Keen to hear how your EFI convesion goes.

If the pistons end up being spare I would be interested, what compression ratio roughly?
If you have a head laying around could you measure the valves please?

Cheers
Jon
Underhouse Engineering

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2012, 06:54:47 AM »
Inlet 32
Ex 27
Pistons are stock compression but rings are moved down slightly to make the crowns stronger for the nitrous shot.

only been used for a half dozen runs there is some marks on the skirts though.

Oz

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2012, 02:52:39 PM »
It Coughed today its almost alive again, Having a few problems getting the ECU to talk to the laptop but I think it needs a driver for the comms cable which I will sort through the week.
Video to follow when it springs into life "almost dyno time".
Cheers Oz

Offline Buzz Lightbeer

« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2012, 03:26:26 PM »
Good man, keep the faith :wink:

Offline Jon

« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2012, 03:30:55 PM »
Good luck on the dyno run Oz.

Are you running a USB to serial converter?, I've found them a rear PITA.

I ended up buying an old ex miltary laptop with a serial port from eBay & run it on Windows 2000.
Not fast but very stable & outside/workshop friendly.

Thanks for the valve info.

I will email you about pistons later, 3 weeks ago we decided to put the motor back in the original frame & my son is going to run it @ Lake Gairdner in 4 weeks time, not much streamliner work happening.

jon
Underhouse Engineering

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2012, 12:08:46 PM »
I got to talk to the ECU today god knows what its saying to me i reckon I have to learn how to speak ecusian.

I dont know if i am getting a clean signal from the crank sensor or what I will get my headaround it though,
Cheers Oz

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2012, 02:09:57 PM »
I got hold of a Babel fish today apparently i can speak ECUsian cleaned up the signal and it spoke/Ran for a few seconds before it blew the throttle bodies off, but good start the sandancer lives again!!