Author Topic: Read your rulebook  (Read 2481 times)

dwarner

Read your rulebook
« on: July 26, 2004, 10:12:00 AM »
This weekend I had no less than four calls about requirements for various classes. In each case the rules in question concerned new people who are coming to the salt for the first time. Each of these have a car that is not capable of the existing record in their class, all over 200 MPH.
 Each inquiry wanted to know if they could pass on getting a parachute, use only one fire bottle, retain the 1.5" rollbar after adding a turbo, etc. I referred them all to section 1.A, first paragraph, last sentence '...will be based on existing class record..."

Because of the mix of vehicles we see each year this is the best way for us to conduct the inpection process. It is difficult to determine the capability of an single vehicle, and the liabiliy issue of course comes into play.

landracing

Re: Read your rulebook
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 10:51:00 PM »
Dan,

What if I was from Alabama and cant read?

Jon

dwarner

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 12:39:00 PM »
That's why KT buys 10 books. Maybe something will sink in.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 03:39:00 PM »
Is it true Dan that KT has put in a rules request change to eliminate all the writing, except for the records, and have ALL the rules done in picture form?
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 05:29:00 PM »
KT has his cast in stone, after all he makes fake rocks.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah