Author Topic: Member Levels????  (Read 4950 times)

Offline geh458

Member Levels????
« on: June 02, 2010, 04:32:53 PM »
There are member levels from "NEWBIE" to "HERO MEMBER" and I realize it is based on number of posts, but I can find no reference as to what the different levels are.  Could someone post a breakdown of the member levels please?

:? :? :?
Gifford Hawn

Vintage Sports Car Racer looking to convert.......

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Member Levels????
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 04:38:17 PM »
No, I don't think we can post an explanation of the member level system.  That is -- I've never bothered very much with it.  Jon Amo, the fella that started up this site, put the member level machine into operation a few years back - but I've not done anything with it.  For all I know it might be working dandy or might be broken.

I forget the reasons he started it -- maybe he'll let us know the real story.  I don't think it's so we can track the number of posts that each member makes - and reward him with huge monetary gifts for attaining certain milestones.

If Jon A. doesn't offer details -- well, maybe I'll look into the situation and see if I can tell a reasonable story.

Then there are the stars by each person's name.  I've got three green ones, you've got one yellow, and folks have up to five of 'em.  I dunno this one, either.

Thanks for asking another one of these questions I can't answer.  It helps keep my feet in the mud (instead of floating around in the clouds).

« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 04:39:53 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

saltfever

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 04:57:08 PM »
100 postings makes you a Sr. Member. If you are Noonan you get a star for every 50 ignores!  just kidding . . I couldn't resist, John. I thought you started that "ignore thread" . :-D :-D

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 05:56:30 PM »
If you want to be a Hero Member please Paypal money to the site owners and we will all think you are a "Hero"  :cheers:

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 06:04:29 PM »
Funny you should mention that, about an hour ago I saw the Donate button and realized it had been too long since I sent anything. Immediately hit the donate button. Man it is way easier than it used to be.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline geh458

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 06:16:17 PM »
With a little research, I've answered my own question.  I went to the "members list", sorted it by number of posts, and this is what I found:

Newbie -- 0 to 49 posts
Jr Member -- 50 to 99 posts
Full Member -- 100 to 249 posts
Sr Member -- 250 to 499 posts
Hero Member -- over 500 posts

There are also 1374 registered members with "zero" posts.

Also, I went to the simplemachines.org website, but was unable to find anything about member levels except that it's can be set randomly by the board owner at the time of setup.  And I could not find anything about the "stars" and the associated colors there-of.

Gifford Hawn

Vintage Sports Car Racer looking to convert.......

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 08:07:33 PM »
Once in a while I've gone to the list of members and deleted one or two, here and there, that registered and have never posted.  I only do it sparingly -- not wanting to cut off someone that might be lurking, but now and then I get to thinking that maybe we should have less non-posting members -- since there's no real need to register if you don't post -- is there?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 09:59:44 PM »
Well, there is a unique privilege to logging on, and that's the opportunity to contact folks through the forum without having to give out your e-mail addy.  Guests can't do that.

Just a thought, although I've never personally received a PM from a non posting member.

I find that if they're in the mood to argue in a PM, they're generally willing to post. :-D
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 11:42:24 PM »
Get over it newbie!  Hey just kiddin; all you have to do is keep posting and you will graduate in no time.  Just because someone has a lot of post doesn't always mean they know what the fuckt they are talking about anyway.  Just look at my post, I don't know what the fuckt I'm talkin about either.  See my post makes absolutely no sense at all...  Hey, where's my beer. :cheers:

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 12:00:13 AM »
TUI as well eh?  :-D

Ed

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 12:03:23 AM »
Get over it newbie!  Hey just kiddin; all you have to do is keep posting and you will graduate in no time.  Just because someone has a lot of post doesn't always mean they know what the fuckt they are talking about anyway.  Just look at my post, I don't know what the fuckt I'm talkin about either.  See my post makes absolutely no sense at all...  Hey, where's my beer. :cheers:

I thought that was MY beer! :-D

I seem to recall a certain propeller head who made "Hero" in no time at all.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline smitty2

• Worlds fastest miniature Pachyderm.
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 12:58:08 AM »
Milwaukee... Don't mention that person! It's like smoking next to an Atom Bomb. Everyone recite the secret incantation, and turn 3 times anti clockwise with your finger in your nose to break the curse.   :|

Offline racergeo

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 01:07:01 AM »
    BVer are you keeping your member level?

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 01:45:57 AM »
With a little research, I've answered my own question.  I went to the "members list", sorted it by number of posts, and this is what I found:

Newbie -- 0 to 49 posts
Jr Member -- 50 to 99 posts
Full Member -- 100 to 249 posts
Sr Member -- 250 to 499 posts
Hero Member -- over 500 posts

There are also 1374 registered members with "zero" posts.

Also, I went to the simplemachines.org website, but was unable to find anything about member levels except that it's can be set randomly by the board owner at the time of setup.  And I could not find anything about the "stars" and the associated colors there-of.

The 1374 members should be sent an email requiring them to post or be deleted...

landracing

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 08:47:46 PM »
The posting system is totally arbritarary. I just put up what I felt was correct at that time. Those who post get status, and at one time the more you posted the more features became available.  Then after awhile I thought what the heck with it everybody gets the same privliages no matter the rating. But you must be a member of the board to view certain features or download stuff.

I would not suggest deleting 0 post count members. Some people become members to see the pictures which you cannot do, I think as guest. What I would suggest doing is weeding out the people who's visits have been over a year and have not logged in. That would be a better way to go about it.

The post above on numbers seem about right....

Or send a mass email out to all members notifing them that they must post something within the next 3 months or th administrators will delete the accounts. That will give a better feel or how many actual members are utilizing the service.

Just some thoughts
Jon Amo