Author Topic: Indian 741B from England  (Read 26597 times)

Offline bak189

Re: Indian 741B from England
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 10:32:38 AM »
WHOT MATE........no bronze- welding..................
Question authority.....always

Offline octane

• Nimbus 750 APS-VBF
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 11:24:56 AM »
Flippin' brilliant Chris !
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection
not when there is nothing left to add
but when there is nothing left to take away"

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline willieworld

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 11:38:00 AM »
great build     love the frame                            willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 11:53:45 AM »
Ha ha you never ever measured rake or anything before hmmm what did you used to say "If it looks right it probably is" Damm you have got it bad,Worst case of Salt fever without steppin on the salt ever I reckon you must have caught it of me.
Looking good Gaffer!

Oz
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline rockstar

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 03:16:40 PM »
Looking good there!!
You do realise that with OZ egging you on there will deffo be no cure for the fever. :-D
Hi Oz how are your projects coming along?

Dave
Remember Murphy's 6th law,if all goes well,then you have missed something out.

Team Sparrow Racing UK

Offline Buzz Lightbeer

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2010, 03:30:38 PM »
Hey Oz I reckon some salt must have stayed on your boots, then dropped off when you got in Chris's workshop.
Then Chris stepped on it & that was it, straight into the veins... he has the fever real bad.
Only known cure is to race on the great white dyno :-D

Offline desperate

• www.britchopper.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2010, 07:18:53 AM »
WHOT MATE........no bronze- welding..................
:-D Can you still buy brazing rods? :-D Seriously though, the first welding I ever did was bronze, back in the days before fluxed rods. I wish I'd got £1 for every Morris Minor I've laid under brazing the chassis.

Buzz, it's a combination of salt fever and Indian fever. I genuinely LOVE this old engine. Did I tell you my 17 year old daughter's middle name is HENDEE? For those who don't know, the "Hendee Manufacturing Company, Springfield, Mass." were the people who built these beautiful machines.
Anyway, enough history. I've shortened the forks and it's off the jig, because I'm putting it on the "Brit Chopper" stand at a show this weekend, at a place called Mildenhall, which is a United States Airforce base near where I live. I always get a buzz once something I'm building is on its wheels, and keep dragging my missus and daughter into the shed to look. "Yes dear, it's very nice" she says. It stands 33" to the top of the yoke.
Don't push me, I'm close to the edge.

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 12:29:19 PM »
Jeez another measurment Chris, My bike at its highest point just touches the end of my John Thomas so by my calculation it must be about 4" tall which cant be right it has 17"Wheels!

Oi Dave its Summer again maybe I should drag myself upto Stockton again and see if any little old ladies can knock my Mercedes sprinter over,Are you and Mark off to Bonneville this year?

Oz
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline rockstar

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2010, 03:03:01 PM »
Hi OZ
Yes hopefully,depending on the exchange rate.
It is deffo time you came down for a pint and share some of your stories of what you lot are doing,but if you leave your big sprinter tool in the car park for the little ole ladies to play with you might get arrested or paid for the pleasure :-D

Dave

Team Sparrow Racing UK

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2010, 11:09:41 PM »
David.   Are you coming over this year??   I'm bringing the chair this year.  Hope you make it and hope to have a longer chat than the last time LOL!

Bill
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline rockstar

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2010, 03:39:28 PM »
Hi Bill.
We hope to be over in 2011,give time for the economy to settle down ( Ha Ha).
I read somewhere that you got a record at Elmo with your sidecar,must be running real good.
I really want to look at it closely in person as it looks really unique.

Dave

Team Sparrow Racing UK

Offline desperate

• www.britchopper.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2010, 06:49:44 AM »
Just recieved a parcel from Indian Parts Europe, containing an electronic ignition kit, new inlet manifold for a Keihin carb, and a HUUUGE 26 tooth sprocket for the gearbox. These are quality items, highly recommended. The new inlet & carb are on the right, guess which is the new sprocket! Work carried out recently, well, looking at the bike you'd think I've done nothing, but I've made a pair of clip-on bars, most of the rear footpegs & controls, and loads of silly brackets. I'm waiting for more eBay stuff to arrive, and tomorrow I'm going to the steel suppliers to buy a sheet of 16 guage so I can start on the petrol tank, oil tank & rear bodywork, and to the local bike-breakers for a few bits.

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2010, 11:02:36 AM »
ooh shiny bolt them on then and wheres my watch.

Offline desperate

• www.britchopper.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2010, 11:15:18 AM »
Jeeze! Got my steel and the price has gone up over 100% from last year. Still, at least I could get on, and have made the fuel & oil tanks and a tail-piece-come-seat (I might put 1/2" of foam on it). The fuel tank has fittings for an aircraft filler, but I'm not sure about the oil tank. I was thinking about using a cork off a brandy bottle :-D but that might not be allowed. Finding a suitable cap from the breakers is impossible as everything's plastic now, but I have an old petrol can from the 1920's which has a filler neck with a brass screw-on cap. The cap is even drilled for security wiring. Or can I get away with an ordinary push-in bung like some Harleys? The oil tank has a breather pipe, so it won't pressurise, and is finished apart from welding a neck on.

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 11:44:51 AM »
Way to go Chris I reckon you will be up and running befor I even get this bloody fuel injection on mine!!

Got my watch it was brilliant It worked out that it cost 75p a day before it died.

ttfn oz