Author Topic: Motorcycle: Partial streamlining or Streamliner  (Read 2292 times)

Offline tekebird

Motorcycle: Partial streamlining or Streamliner
« on: May 29, 2010, 11:34:49 AM »
In May I noticed at least one bike (partial streamlining class) that the rider's legs were not visible from a side view of the bike.  he also had to make some "effort" to get his legs in behind the fairing.

Are riders asked to sit on their bikes to demonstrate the Complete leg visible from the side on bikes that have fairings that might facilitate this and by definition are really streamliners?

Offline WildBro

Re: Motorcycle: Partial streamlining or Streamliner
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 12:17:26 PM »
Which bike is it?  All bikes I saw at the track, you could see the rider.  Even in the pics in the TRAPS, all riders are seen.

Bill
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline dr j

• Honda CRF250 & RS125 & 1954 Moto Parilla 175
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 07:53:44 PM »
I think Doug was talking about the all black 100 cc 2 stroke Honda.  I saw him having trouble getting  his legs up into the tuck and thought maybe it was because the fairing was too long for his knees.  I mentioned it to the rider to check that. But after reviewing the photos from DWphotosonline you indeed can see his legs just fine.  Must have been more an issue of older knees and tight tuck position on a small bike.  Congratulations to them for their records from the Maxton May meet.
Jarl- Moto Madcap
Sharpsburg MD
BUB2012- Morini 350- 4 Mod Pushrod records, Parilla 175- M-VG rec
250cc 4stroke Nitrous Motorcycle- 131.8mph
250/4 Naked Motorcycle-115.6mph
APS/F-125/2 115.2mph
P/PV-175/4 Moto Parilla-59.7mph
29 Retired Maxton Class Records on 3 bikes and 4 engines

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 08:58:42 PM »
If there is a question about acceptable body exposure in Partial Streamlining class the ride would have to demonstrate compliance. I dont recall this ever happening at Maxton ... The Charlie Toy fairing is about as close to the limit of the rules as you can get and still be legal ...