Landracing Forum Home
November 23, 2017, 06:24:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
BACK TO LANDRACING.COM HOMEPAGE

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

Live Audio Streaming and Archives of Past Events
Next Live Event: TBD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O2 Sensor(s), Shift Lites, Data logging and Clip-ons in Production Class  (Read 1810 times)
MiltonP

Ignore
« on: May 24, 2010, 06:16:34 PM »

Looking for confirmation on the following interpretations before I spend money on gear I can't use in Production Class.  For bikes, though it may be interesting if the first three are allowed in Prod for cars but not bikes;

O2 sensor(s):  I am guessing not allowed as it would not 'appear' stock

Shift Lite:  I am guessing no due to the appearance issue again

Data logger:  I am guessing they are ok as long as they are hidden from view

Clip-ons:  The rule allows different handlebars within a set of specs but I am not clear whether that applies to swapping clip-ons.  I believe that is ok, within the same specs, as long as the bike originally used the same clip-on style/mounting point.  In other words, no swapping handlebars for clip-ons.   I also believe clip-on changes are not allowed at BUB in Prod from what I saw in the AMA rulebook.
55chevr

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 06:24:23 PM »

Clubman bars will just about duplicate clip ons on most bikes and they mount the same as factory handle bars ...
MiltonP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 06:53:06 PM »

My bike, a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 500, came stock with a clip-on style covered mount.  I purchased the Woodcraft EX500 specific replacement but am not sure which orgs would allow that swap in production class.  The stock one has a plastic cover so it would look different.

By the way, is anyone else getting an error when making a post?  The post is getting saved but you get a mesage and then have to click back to the forum home screen to continue.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 06:56:44 PM by MiltonP » Logged
Seldom Seen Slim
Administrator

Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 07:35:01 PM »

I'm having the same glitch -- and it's probably with the company that's hosting the site -- 'cause I can't get an email through to him to report the problem.  I expect that means he knows darn well -- 'cause nothing will be getting through to him.  He'll see my note to him via his other service.

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com
MiltonP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 07:59:03 PM »

Thanks Jon,  I figured you were already on top of it!
Warp12

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 03:05:02 PM »

Milton, I am pretty sure that the 02 sensor and data logger won't be a problem. I think this may be clarified in the rule book?

As far as a shift light, you could wire it into an existing gauge cluster light (such as a high beam indicator), and it would be perfectly legal as long as none of the associated wiring and switching mechanisms were visible. At least that is my understanding.  smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: