Author Topic: Maxton results ! ! Post them please  (Read 19446 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Maxton results ! ! Post them please
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2010, 11:59:39 AM »
If she won't -- I'll be glad to do so for you.  But she's driven a car (E/CPro Camaro) at Maxton -- so it's not out of the question.  Camaros and roadsters are not the same, yes, I know well -- but what the heck, you offer her the opportunity and let her decide.  We do keep a -15 firesuit in our trailer, just in case someone offers a ride. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline sprintcj

• New folks
« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2010, 09:29:18 PM »
Since I was not able to get to Maxton this month because of something called work, I had to enjoy the Fantastic play by play and photos that were posted, They were great and I saw a photo that tweeked my interest.It was a photo of a sprint car and since I have some of those I was wondering if anyone knows how it did and where it came from?

Thanks,

CJ

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2010, 09:40:13 PM »
Is this the one:

I don't have the story -- but I figgered if I put up the photo - maybe someone will have details for you.

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline sprintcj

• New folks
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2010, 11:31:19 PM »
Thanks SSS that is the one, just wondering what kind of speeds they were able to reach and how exciting a trip down the Mile it was,

CJ

Offline t russell

« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2010, 04:50:35 AM »
A sprint car got in the 170s last year.Ithink it is the same one ,but I could be mistaken.
terry

Offline sprintcj

• New folks
« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2010, 08:21:51 AM »
Thanks Terry,I may have to think about that seeing as how I already some sprint cars that are no longer being raced.

CJ

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2010, 05:13:39 PM »
I talked with the guys with that car last year.  They said they did what they could to remove or at least minimize the effect of the stagger, given that we don't turn left all the time.  That was while they were in tech so I don't know how the car felt on the track as I didn't get back to them after a pass.  It was cool to see it, at any rate.

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

LittleLiner

« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2010, 11:09:06 AM »
Bring one of your sprinters out and see how fast it can go.   

The open wheel oval track cars (Sprinters and Midgets) run in the Circle Track category at Maxton (ECTA only, not an SCTA category).  I haven't been able to attend any meets in amost two years so i haven't actually seen the car in the photo.  The only one I've seen run was John Meyers' midget and he ran 170.  His car holds the fuel and gas records for F/CT.  The Maxton Circle Track records for the sprinter sized engines (358, 360, 410 etc in ECTA classes B and C) are all held by NASCAR style stock cars and are all pretty stout records (all over 200mph).   If you drop in a smaller v8 the records in D/CT - ( 261 thru 305 cid.) are: Gas 165.932 and Fuel 166.064.  The sprinter in the photo might be the car that holds these records (not sure - just guessing)

Remember . . . going over 175 requires a chute.  Might be interesting to see what happens when you pull a chute on a short wb sprint car at over 175.   

I don't see any reason that these cars could not also run as Lakesters (be sure to check minimum wheelbase restrictions).  But again the records in all but one or two of the comparable Lakester classes are in the 200 plus range.

Offline sprintcj

• New folks
« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2010, 05:32:27 PM »
WOW littleliner that talk of pulling a chute at 175 with an 89 inch wheelbase sent chills up my spine,that would probably be like forgetting to tighten the top wing front struts(amazing the altitude that car can reach).I guess I will just continue on with my other project,plus I told my wife I wasn't going to race sprints any more.

CJ

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2010, 05:38:37 PM »
Use a longggggg tether