Author Topic: Maxton results ! ! Post them please  (Read 19492 times)

Offline 116ciHemi

Re: Maxton results ! ! Post them please
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2010, 10:16:45 PM »
So -- there we were, in line, and the rain slowed and picked up and drizzled and stopped and started and -- we went back to the pit, put the bike in the trailer, and here we are at the Pine Acres waiting to see where dinner will be celebrated tonight.  I doubt that we missed any runs -- will fill you in in the morning if we did.

Oh, yeah -- Bill Warner did make a 272 pass -- .384, I think it was.  Don't know what his biggest number was last month so I can't compare down to the nuts.

See you tomorrow.  List your questions and I'll try to answer 'em later on.

The run log says he ran a 272.340 in april, so that would be a little bump.

Offline hayaboosta

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2010, 12:42:50 AM »
Bill went 272.374 MPH today!    :cheers:
200 MPH Club X 7
Bonneville  "Naked"
 El Mirage    "Naked"
  Maxton       "Naked"
   Mojave        "Naked"
    Loring          "Naked"
     Bub 201       "Naked"
      Texas           "Clothed" (by accident)

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2010, 01:31:14 AM »
272 anything is now the standard to beat..

Congrats Bill.

J

Offline joea

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2010, 01:34:05 AM »
WAY to go Bill, a much bigger "bump" is coming from you
guys out there...VERY soon....:)...

Joe :)

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2010, 01:35:07 AM »
WAY to go Bill, a much bigger "bump" is coming from you
guys out there...VERY soon....:)...

Joe :)

Amen Joe...we could see the first 275 pass... :cheers:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2010, 09:08:19 AM »
We're running already -- started just about a few minutes after 8 -- like we were supposed to do.  Donna Timney ran a 151 or so, I managed a 196.7, and Sal Spat. ran a 219 just now.  Bill Warner's in line, Joe Ledford pulled the chute too early and ran a 184 (no issue, just too soon, I think).  I'm off fior another run in a minute but wanted to latcha know we're at it.  Oh, yeah, the Jesel roadster did a 204, Josh Owen a 204 and bitching about the new fuel pump making too much pressure and too fat (what a life, hey?).  Ed Brace had a funky run -- didn't hear his speed but he took the short shut down turnoff -- and was repacking the chute when I motored past.  A Ninja 250 just went past at 114.

Gonna go ride the bike -- be back later.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2010, 10:25:57 AM »
Dean Sabat just ran a 224 on the 100 turbo bike.  The 9232 car -- Red Hot Racing -- turned in a 180 something.  Bill Warner made a 161 pass and then there was a track hold while the officials looked for some debrix (not from Bill's bike, though).  I made a run -- unh, let's say I wanted to check out the shift light and the wheelspin light, okay?  And there was a 10 mph or more crosswind -- wish I had had a camera on the bike to shown the horizon at a 15-degree angle as I went through the lights.

Sure is funky sorta cloudy weather -- cool and heavy air -- in the high 60s and muggy as the dickens.  It's 10.25 in the morning.  I'll get back on here once we start running again.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2010, 10:39:17 AM »
The Zanefield Bell mini pickup just had a big oildown run, so we'll have a break for a while.  The Victory bike -- with the big inch motor -- must have had a great leave or something.  The rider just showed me his timing slip -- 504.3 mph.  I wonder if maybe this is one of those runs where a grasshopper jumped across the lights. . .

The wind has come around to a quartering headwind, and the clouds are still heavy over us.  At least it's kinda bright.

Back with more, later.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2010, 11:44:30 AM »
Here we are -- still shuffling and sweeping and using the blower and so on.  Getting near the end of the job -- and the weather is still fine.  Still kinda bright but 100% cloud cover.  Temp around 70 and gentle headwind.  Stay tuned.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline entropy

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2010, 11:46:38 AM »
SSS,
a big thank you from TeamFatAzzzz for your reports; REALLY appreciated! :cheers:
Karl

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2010, 12:05:50 PM »
I'm sitting here in Mielec, Poland and wishing I were there.  The May event has always been good to me.  Keep those reports coming.
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing

Offline Beairsto Racing

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2010, 12:43:39 PM »
I'm working in sunny Abqaiq, Saudi Arabia. Its a little weird but no matter where I am, even when I have poor internet service and can't email work or my wife, I always seem to be able to log onto landracing and can depend on it for info and entertainment.

Slim, thanks for the event coverage, your'e a busy man! :cheers:
2 Club since '02
Sponsored by: Turple Bros.,
Palliser Chevrolet, Hose Headquarters, Bentley's Motosicle Pain Tin, The Window Man

Offline Pumpkin

• New folks
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2010, 01:34:57 PM »
Jon, since I wasn't able to make it to this meet and experience the sensual overload that comes with working the starting line there, I thank you for the updates!
Matt

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2010, 03:55:07 PM »
Gee, all those nice comments - and I didn't post anything after all.  The meet's over -- with nothing big to report about the last hour or so.  We had a 1 1/2 hour long kitty litter shuffle break.  The weather mellowed -- wind died and the cloud cover lightened a bit, so we went back to running.  But while the weather was mellow -- the air was very humid and that kept speeds down.  And Bill Warner was asked to keep speeds down so he didn't run over 250 for his last run or two.

There's an interesting reality check in itself.  "Keep speeds down -- he didn't run over 250".  I remember going to Maxton for the first time about ten years ago and getting to know Scott Guthrie and Rich Yancy and a few others that ran fast bikes -- and the concept of more than just a very few folks running over 200 was completely unknown.  Now -- bikes run over 2 bills on motor day in and day out, and -- well, what can I say but that 250 is the new 200?

Okay -- about the rest of the runs after the break.  By then quite a few folks had put the race vehicle on the trailer and there were only a few racers still running.  The roadster Wayne Jesel works with was doing well, and Joe Ledford ran a nice run, and Steve Van Blarcom was ever so close to where he wanted to be-- but the Sunday air just wasn't good to much of anyone.  The 9232 car had a goofy run -- because the push truck evidently snagged the chute release wire and triggered the laundry.  The chute was under the push truck for the first hundred feet of the run, and the car ran all of 80 miles per hour or so -- tugging a well-blossomed chute behind it through the lights.

That's the kind of stuff that happened at Maxton this afternoon.  Well, good news on one or two points - Donna Timney, the first lady of the E C T A, made a handful of runs on the Twin Jugs Racing GSXR 1000.  Donna's best was a 168 -- nice run, and I've got photos and some video to show for it.  I'll get them posted when we're in a motel, not driving down the road.  The file is too big to transfer when going form cell to cell to cell.

Good time -- and we'll be back in about 5 weeks.  Later, boys and girls.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2010, 04:22:11 PM »
Here's a batch of recent photos.  I don't think there are overlaps between these and what I put up last night.

The nice ol' Dodge with a big motor.  Two shots - at line and leaving:

Umbrella Girl Nancy and First Lady Donna:

Umbrella girl Al and Donna:

Umbrella girl Debbie Dross and rider Josh Owen:

Back to Donna for a few shots:

Great old Buick straight 8 with blower, here showing the inside of the car.  He ran a best todayof 138, I think it was.  Two photos so you can enjoy the dashboard and 30" long shifter.

That's all the photos I've got.  If others of you folks took some -- hey, please post at your early convenience.

Later --

Jon, a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com