Author Topic: Maxton this weekend.  (Read 5971 times)

Offline RansomT

Re: Maxton this weekend.
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 11:37:34 AM »
I'm so sad I'm not there this time.   :cry:

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 02:33:02 PM »
I won't comment on Nancy's outfit).

Now that's just a downright tease...I should have come just for that!

Still waiting on a clutch...watching the rain come in. Say hi to Terry Russell for me Slim.
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

Offline Turbo26T

• New folks
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2010, 05:42:45 PM »
It's about 5:30 PM Friday 5/21..I'm about 130 miles west of Maxton...whats the weather there at this time??
 Truck is packed for a Sat.5:00AM departure...anybody be online at that hour for an update on weather??
If not ,may just start out and see how the day develops...after all, with the small amount I have to travel,it's almost next door for me ...!!(compared to some that travel hundreds/thousand miles)
 Stan

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 05:53:53 PM »
Sorry, Stan -- I awas on a different Maxton thread.  It's warm right now -- about 82 or so.  We've left the track and most of the other folks will have done so within an hour or so.  The weather for tomorrow says a chance of rain - but don't let that keep you away.  It's sunny with a few clouds right now.

C U in the morning.  Driver meeting at 8.30 AM.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Turbo26T

• New folks
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2010, 10:17:29 PM »
Thanks Jon:  "chance of rain..."   I'll take those odds...I'm on my way regardless...2 1/2 hr drive..nice breakfast in Wadesboro..short hop to Maxton....maybe the RainGod will stay away til Monday...somebody do a dance or something...
 Stan

Offline holdfastgreg

• Vintage Iron Works
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2010, 05:02:55 PM »
Just got back home, was a fun event guys.  Unfortunately, the only person I ran into was Eric(racerx) as his bike is noticeable.  I guess I should of kept that ex250 I just sold and made the competition a little more stiff.

Offline t russell

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2010, 08:44:07 PM »
Maxton this weekend SUCKED.(for the blackbird super coupe) New clutch lasted until the boost went up.
The result is 149 mph.With the same set up has ran 191+.Had to go from stock trans to a after market.And added more fuel. Well back to the drawing board.
Oh Someone named Bill has a new bracket class 272 mph.Got to see his pass it was awesome :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
terry

Offline holdfastgreg

• Vintage Iron Works
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2010, 08:50:30 PM »
Maxton this weekend SUCKED.(for the blackbird super coupe) New clutch lasted until the boost went up.
The result is 149 mph.With the same set up has ran 191+.Had to go from stock trans to a after market.And added more fuel. Well back to the drawing board.
Oh Someone named Bill has a new bracket class 272 mph.Got to see his pass it was awesome :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
terry

I took a friend with me today (some obnoxiously tall black guy) and he was scouting around the super coupe.  He was anticipating a fast run but such is life.