Author Topic: O2 Sensor(s), Shift Lites, Data logging and Clip-ons in Production Class  (Read 2999 times)

Offline MiltonP

Looking for confirmation on the following interpretations before I spend money on gear I can't use in Production Class.  For bikes, though it may be interesting if the first three are allowed in Prod for cars but not bikes;

O2 sensor(s):  I am guessing not allowed as it would not 'appear' stock

Shift Lite:  I am guessing no due to the appearance issue again

Data logger:  I am guessing they are ok as long as they are hidden from view

Clip-ons:  The rule allows different handlebars within a set of specs but I am not clear whether that applies to swapping clip-ons.  I believe that is ok, within the same specs, as long as the bike originally used the same clip-on style/mounting point.  In other words, no swapping handlebars for clip-ons.   I also believe clip-on changes are not allowed at BUB in Prod from what I saw in the AMA rulebook.

Offline 55chevr

Clubman bars will just about duplicate clip ons on most bikes and they mount the same as factory handle bars ...

Offline MiltonP

My bike, a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 500, came stock with a clip-on style covered mount.  I purchased the Woodcraft EX500 specific replacement but am not sure which orgs would allow that swap in production class.  The stock one has a plastic cover so it would look different.

By the way, is anyone else getting an error when making a post?  The post is getting saved but you get a mesage and then have to click back to the forum home screen to continue.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 07:56:44 PM by MiltonP »

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
I'm having the same glitch -- and it's probably with the company that's hosting the site -- 'cause I can't get an email through to him to report the problem.  I expect that means he knows darn well -- 'cause nothing will be getting through to him.  He'll see my note to him via his other service.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline MiltonP

Thanks Jon,  I figured you were already on top of it!

Offline Warp12

Milton, I am pretty sure that the 02 sensor and data logger won't be a problem. I think this may be clarified in the rule book?

As far as a shift light, you could wire it into an existing gauge cluster light (such as a high beam indicator), and it would be perfectly legal as long as none of the associated wiring and switching mechanisms were visible. At least that is my understanding.  :-)