Author Topic: El Mirage  (Read 4666 times)

Offline Walter

• Nash & Kirchner, P.C.
El Mirage
« on: May 15, 2010, 02:19:19 PM »
Please keep the El Mirage run reports coming for those of us who  are stuck at home!

Offline jl222

Re: El Mirage
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 02:25:03 PM »
Please keep the El Mirage run reports coming for those of us who  are stuck at home!

Ditto :cheers:

JL222

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 02:53:38 PM »
Any news on results and track condition?

Offline geh458

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 07:42:57 PM »
Here's a link to some event news:   http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,7917.0/topicseen.html

The was my first time to an LSR event and I'm amazed at the variety of competition vehicles.  I'm even more convinced that I want to do this.  Meet a lot of nice people in the few hours I was there his morning, even ran into a couple of friends from another car activity that I participate in, small world.  I'll post a few pictures once I resize them to an acceptable level.
Gifford Hawn

Vintage Sports Car Racer looking to convert.......

Offline DSR88

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 08:03:00 PM »
I got a call today the Lake Bed was in great shape and the weather is nice kills me we did'nt make it but June is looking good.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 10:15:51 PM »
The was my first time to an LSR event and I'm amazed at the variety of competition vehicles.  I'm even more convinced that I want to do this. 

My dad an I went out to El Mirage in '92 or '93 - our first time at an LSR event. 

I wanted to race on the saltflats since I was a kid, but I knew I wanted to be a LAND SPEED RACER after I visited El Mirage. :cheers:

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 10:40:46 PM »
Here's a link to some event news:   http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,7917.0/topicseen.html

The was my first time to an LSR event and I'm amazed at the variety of competition vehicles.  I'm even more convinced that I want to do this.  Meet a lot of nice people in the few hours I was there his morning, even ran into a couple of friends from another car activity that I participate in, small world.  I'll post a few pictures once I resize them to an acceptable level.

Great to meet you today Giff. Looking forward to your future LSR program.  :cheers:

Both the MacMillens set records this morning just bumping them enough to work on the points game again this year.
Donnie Cummins set a record in blown street roadster @ 201 on a 186? record.
Mike Cook upped the record in "B" modified sports @ 214

Our weekend is okay as Kevin made 1 run out of the 2 line right @ 200.6 on a 208 record, then let Ryan make a rookie pass right @ 140 (needed to be less than 150) We'll be back at it in the a.m. with Kevin back in the seat.

Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline Freud

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 11:03:04 PM »
Go For It, Kevin.

Land Locked FREUD
Since '63

Offline geh458

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 03:35:12 PM »
As promised above, here are few of the pictures I took....
Gifford Hawn

Offline geh458

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 03:36:18 PM »
a few more pic's....
Gifford Hawn

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 10:30:24 PM »
Common, no one is back from the lake yet?  We need some reporting, speeds and track conditions.... :-D

Offline Bville701

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 11:00:14 PM »
The track got tore up and the wind started blowing. They shut down the event after that. All in all it was a GREAT event! They had 218 runs yesterday which is a new record for El Mirage. Noonan made another fast run ( I didn't get the time). Cook went our again and I think he made a pass at 213. Fruediger went 210. Beck, Davidson, and Cummings got a record yesterday at 201 on a 186 record with Donnie driving. I don't remember any other numbers, but I'm sure someone else will chime in here.    :cheers:
Ryan LeFevers

701 C/GMR - 216.509 MPH El Mirage Record Holder

El Mirage "Dirty 2" Club Member

Offline desotoman

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 11:45:33 PM »
I think Rick Yaccouri (sp) might have had fast time for cars. Costello's Streamlliner with a Jimmy Stevens powered Flathead Ford turbo ed on alky went 227, I think, with Rick driving. Could possibly be the car to beat for the points championship. Old Record was 198.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Bville701

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 12:11:01 AM »
geh, great photos!!!   :cheers:

Tom, you're correct Rick Yaccouchi (sp) went 229 with a turbo Flathead!   :cheers:  He's going for the points this year. I got a chance to chat with him today, Great guy with a lot of good info!
Ryan LeFevers

701 C/GMR - 216.509 MPH El Mirage Record Holder

El Mirage "Dirty 2" Club Member

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2010, 12:34:58 AM »
Costello's Streamlliner with a Jimmy Stevens powered Flathead Ford turbo ed on alky went 227, I think, with Rick driving.
:-o
Pushin' the boundries of yestertech - Flatheads Forever! :cheers:
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll: