Author Topic: ZX12 Tip Over Switch  (Read 1814 times)

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
ZX12 Tip Over Switch
« on: May 13, 2010, 06:47:09 AM »
What is the best way to isolate the tip over switch on the 2002 ZX12 Kawasaki :?   
I had the rev extender mod (12,200) done by Dave Owen (rip) afew years back,, have ran it on the dragstrip and dyno to those revs many times without any problems :-),,,, however wilst on the dyno in December the bike would only rev to 10500, then at Gairdner, during a pass this year, 8000max, sounded as though it was on the rev limiter :cry:,,, at present the computer is being checked out for any problems,, i was reading on a previous thread that the Hayabusas have experienced a similar problem with their tip over switches,,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,

Offline WildBro

Re: ZX12 Tip Over Switch
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 12:18:40 PM »
If the TOS is bad/or engauged on a busa the bike will not run.  If there is a short in it it will activate at some vibrations.
I have never seen a ZX12 TOS, but on the Busa to disable it you can open it up and cut the ring off or fill it with RTV so the ring can not move.  I myself am prone to all kind of weird stuff so I cut the ring AND RTVed the inside.
Hope this helps

Bill
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Re: ZX12 Tip Over Switch
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 04:00:09 PM »
Bill is on it... if the TOS is activated it wont run at all.... is there any of the factory fluff stuff you have eliminated or modified? On a busa if you bypass the clutch switch it wont let the ignition fully advance.....
kent