Author Topic: Which class????  (Read 3196 times)

Offline icepick

• New folks
Which class????
« on: May 09, 2010, 10:55:39 PM »
Hello I have a 5450 pound 1947 Diamond T semi that is "Salt Inspired" I want to have the class that it would run painted on the sides... it has a 300 hp non- turbo chev V8 motor  with dual/duals tires(8 in the back and 2 steer tires...10 total ) Can anyone advise which class it would fit in?  THANKS!  Mike ;]

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
Re: Which class????
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 11:31:32 PM »
I don't know that you can run that many tires.  The big problem seems to be that most big truck categories are diesel.  It doesn't have a bed, so pickup classes are out. To be honest, thumbing through the rule book (which you should get), I don't see where it would fit.  Too bad - a big, screamin' piece of tin like that would be cool to see.

If it's only got 300 hp, and it's street legal, maybe the USFRA 130 club?  They post their rules on their website, which is linked on the Landracing.com home page.

Good luck.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline RichFox

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 09:55:03 AM »
I would say just make up some class. C/BT or something like that. The idea is to put fake lettering on the door, right? So why not make it completely fake. I don't believe there is a real class in which your truck could run.  TO=Time Only with all the safety stuff.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 10:12:57 AM »
Well Mike you didn't say how big the motor was but I would say big block so A/VHH (Vintage Highway Hauler) 
While there is not a real class for gas motored highway haulers that should not stop you from having a salt inspired one...  :-D

You didn't mention what was in back... 5th wheel?  You could also plan to build a roadster (become a roadster toad) and use your truck to haul it... in which case you would put your car's class on the truck..... like AA/BMR

Just the thoughts of a demented mind... not necessarily condoned by the staff and management of LSR organizations around the world  :roll:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline dw230

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 11:28:32 AM »
Mike,

Forget my email from this morning. Go with Stainless' idea /VHH. That'll confuse 'em.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Genuine GM

• Ignorance is NOT bliss.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 01:09:38 PM »
I don't have an answer, but that would awesome to watch run the 130 Club! :-o
Don’t let the troubles in your head, steal too much time, you’ll soon be dead - so play. You Never Know – DMB