Author Topic: Happy Mothers Day  (Read 2144 times)

Online floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
Happy Mothers Day
« on: May 09, 2010, 09:07:47 AM »
A Big Ol`  "Happy Mothers Day" to all of the moms out there from the 3 of us here in G.R. :-)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 02:39:27 PM by floydjer »
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Happy Mothers Day
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 10:20:39 AM »
I made dinner for Nancy last night (she works this afternoon/evening at Lowe's) - - fresh lake trout on the grill, fresh steamed asparagus, spicy rice side dish.  This morning we had Swedish pancakes (crepes, sorta, with home-made strawberry jam rolled into the middle of 'em).  A few gifts, and a quick-but-nice dinner during her lunch hour this afternoon.  Nope, she's not the mother of my kid -- but still, why not celebrate for and with her?  I get paid back in spades - and in bed, too, but that's not what we're here to discuss, is it?

Happy Mother's Day to all from Nancy and Jon in Skandia, Michigan.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Online floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 11:16:52 AM »
Slim also bagged Nan` a big ol` buck in the back yard (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :cheers:
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 11:27:43 AM »
Well, no -- I'm not a Bambi-killer, although all are welcome to ask permission and then hunt on our property.  All I charge is a few steaks from the backstrap.

I should also mention that for Nancy I baked an apple pie (last night) for our dessert this evening.  Mmmn, mmm, good!  And -- speaking of desserts -- if you enjoy apple deserts -- let me know and I'll offer up my recipe for Apple Dumplings.  They are an absolutely primo food -- lots of great eating in every one.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 116ciHemi

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 07:44:09 PM »
Well, no -- I'm not a Bambi-killer, although all are welcome to ask permission and then hunt on our property.  All I charge is a few steaks from the backstrap.

I should also mention that for Nancy I baked an apple pie (last night) for our dessert this evening.  Mmmn, mmm, good!  And -- speaking of desserts -- if you enjoy apple deserts -- let me know and I'll offer up my recipe for Apple Dumplings.  They are an absolutely primo food -- lots of great eating in every one.

droool....

Offline Bville701

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 07:50:29 PM »
Happy Mothers Day!     :cheers:
Ryan LeFevers

701 C/GMR - 216.509 MPH El Mirage Record Holder

El Mirage "Dirty 2" Club Member