Author Topic: SCTA Web Site  (Read 3068 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
SCTA Web Site
« on: April 27, 2010, 05:50:23 PM »
SCTA web site.

The SCTA web site has posted a notice that it will be off line at times this week for up dates.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: SCTA Web Site
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 06:07:28 PM »
SCTA should buy this site since most of us come here several times a day..  :cheers:

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 06:22:22 PM »
Why don't you check the SCTA web site daily, they are the ones that we race under on the lakes and salt. It's OK to ask questions here but the official SCTA/BNI answers come from them. ECTA, and others have their own rules and many differ from SCTA.  I say we all need to direct the question to the responsible assoc. I support both sites and will continue to.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 08:24:36 PM »
My take on the subject:  Glen's right.  The SCTA site is their official organ for disseminating news and information and comes directly from them, not filtered through me.  And they aren't commercial -- so there shouldn't be any suspicion of them being biased towards any one vendor (although I try to stay above that stuff, too).

As for Ed Safarik and me -- well, in case you didn't know, Ed's the webmaster for the SCTA (I think he's still the go-to guy, although don't I remember Dan Warner saying he was going to do something about remodeling the site?).  Ed and I get along famously -- and I think we will occasionally try to get a scoop on each other when there's breaking news or an important notice to be posted.  But that's all the better for every racer that's using the internet -- because you'll get the freshest information as soon as possible this way.

I don't think the SCTA would want to ride herd on the bunch of ya-hoos that hang around here, anyway.  Ooops, maybe I should have said that a little more diplomatically, hey?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Dakzila

• 1956 Triumph cub
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 10:29:24 PM »
 :-D

I'd rather be a ya-hoo than an offical organ!!! :-D

(Keep up the GREAT work, we love ya)

Buzz
"Marred by indecision; vision is blurred, confidence deteriorates and progress stagnates."

"It's not about what you did.....It's about what you do!"

"Regret is part of the aging process and should never be confused with failure."

Offline will6er

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 12:04:50 AM »
Considering the alternatives, I'd say you were extremely diplomatic.

Will