Author Topic: VIDEO - 250.1 mph Lamborghini !!  (Read 17391 times)

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
Re: VIDEO - 250.1 mph Lamborghini !!
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 06:39:55 PM »
I think I'll try stopping like that this year at speedweek.Won't have to keep repacking the laundry.
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 08:03:31 PM »
Well to go from 250.1 MPH to Zero in less than 2600 feet,,, without the chute means the Brakes must be awesome.

I also noticed no SFI head and neck restraint, no neck collar, no arm restraints,,,, not sure did he have a full door or at least a window net. No lateral head restaints, no alum containment style race seat..  did not see an external cut off switch.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline Cajun Kid

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 08:15:20 PM »
What old "world record" did he exceed?

I will make comments about my observations about the lack of what we all feel are "needed" and should be "required" safety equipment...

But I will not question his speed,,, 250.1 in a standing mile in a wheel driven car is worthy of accolades.

however, Like Jimmy said... was it a world record ?  if so who, where and in what had the previous record ?

Or is this simply a Track Record ?

No matter what the answers,,,, that was one FAST run...

Charles
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

Offline 1 fast evo 2

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2010, 08:25:32 AM »
It was a track record for Goliad and an (I think) world record for a lambo.
I spoke to the builder while I was there and he said the car was purchased, shipped to him, they built the car in like 3 weeks, they trailered it to Goliad, and the owner took delivery of the car for the 1st time.
Total cost of UPGRADES 200,000 + the cost of the car.
The driver/owner seemed like a nice guy but not such a good driver. He wasn't trying to stop like that if you listen in the video the car did that every time he let off the gas, I'm assuming he was chopping the gas and standing on the brakes.
E.C.T.A. 200 MPH club
Winner HOTROD TOPSPEED CHALLENGE (superstreet) 2008
My EVO 2 - 8.96@158 mph in the 1/4
221.4 mph at Maxton sept. 08
223.6 mph at the Texas mile oct. 08
237.6 mph at Maxton april 2010

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2010, 09:52:40 AM »
 :evil: Chute?, how else can mr. Holt find out just how effective the circular braking technique is! :evil: After all this car was put together by underground racing, we may see other Youtubes featuring vids featuring other landmarks from around our great Republic.

No less than the editor of Hot Rod Mag has experienced the effectiveness of circular braking in an emergency. :evil:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 05:32:39 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Cajun Kid

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2010, 03:49:11 PM »
The Lambo appeared to have a Chute.... why did he not deploy it ?
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2010, 05:27:30 PM »
Jeez, some of you guys sound like you work for OSHA for cripes sake!!

"Oh no, he doesn't have the proper safety equipment!!, He could crash and die!!" Wah wah wah!! 

A bunch of you need to watch Worlds Fastest Indian again so you can understand what it means to be real men!!   

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2010, 05:35:09 PM »
REAL MEN????:? Don't you try that with me BOZO!!!!!!    :-D lol
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline desotoman

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2010, 05:45:56 PM »

"Oh no, he doesn't have the proper safety equipment!!, He could crash and die!!" Wah wah wah!! 

A bunch of you need to watch Worlds Fastest Indian again so you can understand what it means to be real men!!   

Sometimes real men are STUPID. HA HA HA HA.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline jl222

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2010, 09:52:33 PM »

YEA especially when a motorcycle goes just as fast with just leathers and helmet :roll:

JL222

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2010, 02:10:56 AM »
faster  :-D

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2010, 01:54:50 PM »

"He could crash and die!!"  

Precisely. 

And then a crew of real men will arrive with a stretcher and pry what's left of him out of the car, while another crew of real men will load what's left of the Lambo onto a flatbed.  Then a real man to call his next of kin.  Then there's the crew of real men who will try to make him look pretty enough to show off to his family and friends.

It's a dangerous sport.  Many people who post here have lost good friends while racing.  They're not whining, they're concerned, and I think they're the ones keeping it real.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2010, 02:18:32 PM »
Thanks MM.

Safety has improved so much since the '50s and '60s and it's up to all of us to take advantage of it. There's no way we should be able to put volunteers, safety crews, friends and family through the trauma and aftermath of a tragedy when it was readily preventable. What we do on our own is one thing, but what we do when it affects so many others shows a totally irresponsible attitude on both the part of the participant and the part of the organizers.

I've lost too many friends and acquaintances over the years when we didn't know any better and didn't have the necessary equipment or knowledge. Take full advantage of the safety equipment that exists and follow the rules as they are set down. That way the sport continues to grow instead of being legislated out of existence.

Pete

Offline arnie

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2010, 06:27:43 PM »
Just so you know there is a 4 point cage in that car.  Look again at the video.  There's a main hoop and 2 rear braces. 
Ryan Arnold
Race Director
The Texas Mile
www.texasmile.net

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2010, 06:02:09 AM »
Aaron NHRS

"real men" don't jeopordise our or any other sport.... Motorcycles are expected to crash... that's why bikes got axed from the Nellis program a couple of years ago after someone posted video of Jason crashing at B-ville.... but also people expect some level of professionalism and implied safety at a sanctioned event like those held by the SCTA-BNI or even those held at the Texas mile.... these organizations have a responsibility to the competitors for safety and if they knowingly allow something unsafe and injury occurs then it will have a ripple effect on all organizations..... We are lucky Jason didn't die and were lucky this guy didn't get hurt (4point roll bar wouldn't help this guy when his car disintegrates at 250, that bar offers nothing more than a false sense of security)... I know for a fact that the el-mo per event insurance premium had doubled over last year due to a motorcycle accident.... yep blame it on us bikers.... We need to help keep our sport safe... if this guy or you wants to be a "MAN" and hurt himself in private testing then good for ya, but lets not allow it in one of our sanctioned events...
Kent