Author Topic: Volunteering for the 2010 Loring Event  (Read 5315 times)

Offline Joe Timney

• Delaware Chassis Works
Volunteering for the 2010 Loring Event
« on: April 18, 2010, 02:15:55 PM »
I am starting a volunteering list for Loring. We will need volunteers for gate/spectator parking, starting line/staging lanes, shutdown,timing and registration/ merchandising. Please email me your name and cell phone number with your preferred job position at joetimney@gmail.com. Please put "Volunteering at Loring" in the subject line of your email. My plan is to publish the list to all of the volunteers before the event. I will be assigning a group lead person for each position to coordinate that group. He will need your cell number so he can contact your at the meet. Hopefully we can schedule all the teams so no one has to work more than 4 hours.

Joe Timney
Retired President of ECTA
President of Delaware Chassis Works
President of FIREFOX Fire Suppression System
www.delawarechassisworks.com

Offline badcoupe34

• New folks
    • Street Rod Steve
Re: Volunteering for the 2010 Loring Event
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 07:46:25 AM »
Joe, I plan on being up in Loring and I will volunteer to help with car tech inspections on Friday as well as any track set up on Thursday and Friday.

Street Rod Steve

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 08:06:21 PM »
Interesting how there are 366 views and only one reply on this thread.
Volunteering at Loring does not commit you to be our slaves full time for the entire weekend, ideally we'd like as many people as possible to learn as many jobs as possible so we can all have the opportunity to race/crew/lurk/take pix/videos or just watch.
Last year's inaugural event had a very dedicated and efficient crew at every position, most not even taking a break,even when there were others to cover them,  although we did have  enough to do a excellent job.
This year we expect more spectators, many of whom are new to LSR, and they'll require due diligence for both Safety and to provide them a good day at the races.
If you are undecided or leery about the responsibility, write me and I'll share my feelings and heap guilt on you.
Seriously, I'm an Army veteran, a retired FDNY, and have been involved in a lot of volunteer organizations in my 65 years , and the people involved in LSR are the best,
and getting involved in LTA 2010 will be guaranteed real warm and fuzzy, IMHO.
Then again, maybe everybody is PMing Joe T and signing up ? Yeah, that's it...
Bob W, public relations and recruitment orificer,  LTA

Offline tedgram

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 07:08:48 AM »
  I plan on being there on Friday. I can help wherever I'm needed.

Offline entropy

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 01:38:10 PM »
Brenda Sue and I will arrive from Texas dragging two bikes on thurs pm so we are definitely avail on fri.  We have no pit crew so volunteering on Sat Sun wouldn't work   :-(

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 02:56:01 PM »
I plan on being at the track by 10:00am on Friday.  I will not have any crew with me, So I  will be hoping to get some help on Saturday and Sunday from some of my fellow racers.

As for helping out,,, I think I sent Joe an email,,, but I can help out and tech cars and or safety gear on Friday
(once my car is tech'd I am free to help most of the day)

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 11:02:38 PM »
Sorry for delayed response ...  I will work bike tech line again  ... I have a commitment from John Donovan to assist ...

Offline sabat

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 10:39:06 AM »
I'm happy to help tech bikes. -Dean

Offline Frank06

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 07:19:51 AM »
I already emailed Joe that I'd work wherever needed (although Timing Slips was fun last year.)  I wouldn't mind hanging out in the tech line either.  Maybe learn something from Joe et al?  (like what I might get away with if I ever get my bike done, lol)
E-Racer

Offline davef

• New folks
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 02:07:07 PM »
I live in Maine love to help.  you people were great last year. just let me know the day or days and time.my name is  Dave ,if you need a phone number I can sent it to ya.I love to volunteer I am 9 miles from the site.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 09:58:41 PM by davef »

Offline Caveman

• New folks
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 04:39:06 PM »
I'm planning on being there, but some other events might have to cut my time short... 

I'll plan on helping out at mid track (steward) again this year and if possible, also at the starting line.  And anywhere else if needed! 
I can be there Sat, but I'm working on getting clearance for Sunday too.  (New job!)

Look for my green '56 pickup, if the tranny holds up!

And yes, I'll keep a sharp eye out for moose again. :-D

Joe, is Donna gonna be on the bike again this year?

Tony
Tony
Loring mid-track Steward
Anybody got pics from '10 meet?  My camera broke...

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 09:39:55 PM »
Hey Tony !
Glad to hear you can make it, though I hope not at the expense of a job op like I thought you had said was why you didn't think you were  coming.   
The real question is, is SHE coming ? And, will you bring the palm tree back ?
Last year between The Girl and The Tree it looked like your own deserted island out there at mid track.
Keep us posted, if you can, on your  schedule. You did a fine job last year, even considering the UnSub Moose, packs of Coyotes, and other distractions. LOL
Bob W

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 09:45:42 PM »
"I live in Maine love to help.  you people were great last year. just let me know the day or days and time.my name is  Dave ,if you need a phone number I can sent it to ya.I love to volunteer I am 9 miles from the site."

Dave,
See Joe T's message at start/top of this topic.
Basically, show up on Saturday morning at  the drivers meeting  and we'll either assign you to somebody that did the position last year , or if you tell Joe T you have previous experience or specific skills so we can better utilize you someplace yu'll be comfortable, OK ?
Thank You !
Bob W

Offline sdwarf36

• New folks
  • Fear no tree.
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 10:15:25 PM »
Spoke with the big Warner last night-2 reporting for duty sometime before noon on Fri till Sunday afternoon.
 :mrgreen: <-thats one strange helmet -Yours Bob?

Offline Joe Timney

• Delaware Chassis Works
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2010, 07:44:57 AM »
To sdwarf36
Please email me so I can add you to the list...what area are you interested in???
joe
Joe Timney
Retired President of ECTA
President of Delaware Chassis Works
President of FIREFOX Fire Suppression System
www.delawarechassisworks.com