Author Topic: MOTORCYCLE BOOTS  (Read 10372 times)

Online Stan Back

Re: MOTORCYCLE BOOTS
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2010, 10:20:19 PM »
Willie --

I know SCTA has stepped up to a better rookie orientation.  But his guy coulda shown up with the same two problems that he might not be able to fix on-the-spot.  I think the clubs have a greater duty than just collecting dues.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2010, 11:05:00 PM »
stan   i have seen a few not make it through tech --the first (and only ) time for me was in may 07 my leathers had slits in the calf area with elastic--bob sights gave me a pair of welding gloves which i cut up and glued over the slits went back through tech and all was good----that was an easy fix compared to some ive seen---if anyone needs help come see sheri and i ,we camp just east of the tech trailer --look for the white mailbox  willie buchta

Offline FADED

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2010, 11:48:24 AM »
Okay -- I'm the bad guy.

"My question this time is boots, the rules state a leather boot . . . I have some newer motocross boots I dont think are leather but like a plastic/composite type, will these pass tech?"

This one answers itself -- and I think your club is lax in informing and mentoring rookies.  You should have known about support vehicles at this stage.  And as Emperor Norton says, anyone with any friends and/or club members never goes without support at the event.  But it's nice to bring a friend along to help you -- you gotta get the bike there somehow.

Stan
STAN I think you got me confused w/ the other guy. I have a tow rig, my questions was on the boots?

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2010, 08:36:41 PM »
Don't get discouraged because the bored folks here are looking for a little humor at anybody's expense.

If you can't get someone to help you give a shout out at the driver's meeting. I don't care what your problem is, 10 guys will step up to help you. Tow vehicle driver, tow vehicle, welder, spare parts, forgot to bring your drill . . .

If you need something after the driver's meeting just head up to the announcers trailer and they can give a shout over the PA and on the CB radio.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2010, 10:27:11 PM »
OK Debgeo,  Dean's offer makes at least five guys who will give you a hand should you need it.  See you in May?

Emperor
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.