Author Topic: MOTORCYCLE BOOTS  (Read 10374 times)

Offline sheribuchta

Re: MOTORCYCLE BOOTS
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 04:28:18 PM »
LUCK             i will see you in may (meeting or el mirage ) if you need anything let me know----willie buchta

Offline debgeo

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2010, 05:02:04 PM »
Well Stan Back and Willie I guess I will not come to Race as I cannot run bike and drive a support vehicle at same time. When I started this forum everyone seemed helpful and positive.I guess I was to excited to read thru the BS. I have sent pms to several people I thought to be very knowledgeable. Some that I sent pms to post on this forum almost daily. The majority never responded. I do not know why as I said they are on here almost daily. Guess my questions were to tough. To BAK, Pegleg and Nortonist592 Thanks for your replies all of which I found very helpful. My desire to complete my LSR racer has been blown up with negative treatment given. I have read rulebook many times and I apologise for not totally comprehending it.     
George---Sidecar in progress

Offline FADED

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2010, 05:13:45 PM »
WILLIE I DO NEED SOMETHING, If I bring my bike to the next meeting could you look it over as far as teching it? That way I will have a week to fix anything that might not pass?

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 05:18:51 PM »
would be glad to  ---i think i have a tech sheet                               willie buchta
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 05:21:55 PM by sheribuchta »

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 05:22:08 PM »
Well Stan Back and Willie I guess I will not come to Race as I cannot run bike and drive a support vehicle at same time. When I started this forum everyone seemed helpful and positive.I guess I was to excited to read thru the BS. I have sent pms to several people I thought to be very knowledgeable. Some that I sent pms to post on this forum almost daily. The majority never responded. I do not know why as I said they are on here almost daily. Guess my questions were to tough. To BAK, Pegleg and Nortonist592 Thanks for your replies all of which I found very helpful. My desire to complete my LSR racer has been blown up with negative treatment given. I have read rulebook many times and I apologise for not totally comprehending it.     

Debgeo,  Wrong.  Totally wrong.   Come out and race.  We'll get you back after a run or whatever is necessary.  I have roped by-standers into driving my support vehicle many times (whether they wanted to or not).  The rule book is written by only those who know what it says.  The rest of us take wild eyed guesses as to what it means.  But we show up and race anyway.  I'll be at SpeedWeek this year.  So I'll tow you back.  No excuses.  See ya there!
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2010, 05:22:36 PM »
Debgeo, I think if you check you can ride your bike back at the BUB event at Bonneville. I believe all of the SCTA events require you to use a support vehicle. If I'm wrong, I'm sure there will be a correction shortly.

Pete

Offline FADED

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2010, 05:30:07 PM »
sssoooo back to my initial question if I have leather motocross type boots that are leather and taller than 8" w/ buckles I should be cool?

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2010, 05:31:47 PM »
yes  if you can wear a 10 i always have an extra pair of boots and gloves and helmet                                                   willie buchta
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 05:34:15 PM by sheribuchta »

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2010, 06:25:31 PM »
would be glad to  ---i think i have a tech sheet                               willie buchta

LOL!!  Will that be a Willietech or a Tomtech?
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2010, 07:03:06 PM »
Okay -- I'm the bad guy.

"My question this time is boots, the rules state a leather boot . . . I have some newer motocross boots I dont think are leather but like a plastic/composite type, will these pass tech?"

This one answers itself -- and I think your club is lax in informing and mentoring rookies.  You should have known about support vehicles at this stage.  And as Emperor Norton says, anyone with any friends and/or club members never goes without support at the event.  But it's nice to bring a friend along to help you -- you gotta get the bike there somehow.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2010, 07:36:02 PM »
yes  if you can wear a 10 i always have an extra pair of boots and gloves and helmet                                                   willie buchta

Willie you wear a size 10 helmet,boots and gloves, wow your  a big dude. :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2010, 07:47:21 PM »
stan back---our club the gear grinders just did away with the mentor program---the scta has stepped up the rookie orientation process to a 2 day event,the day before the race and the morning of the race--when you join a club you should get a rule book and the el mirage procedures--if you read section 1 and section 7 and the rules for your class ( motorcycles ) and read the el mirage procedures anyone should be able to show up at el mirage ,go through tech ,rookie orientation and not have a problem ---i have found that the inspectors want you to race and will help and so will most racers and like bill said we have volentered a spectator when necessary and they all said they had the time of there life             hope to see you all in may                               willie buchta

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2010, 07:49:13 PM »
just boots----actually i wear a 9 but 9 1/2 feel so good i just buy 10s                 willie buchta

Offline joea

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2010, 08:48:01 PM »
debgeo.......good luck...

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2010, 09:57:50 PM »
debgeo,,,,I'll be at either Willie & Sheri's pit. or the Old Crow Speed Shop pit.....with a completly empty tilting trailor at your disposal if ya need it.   Just ask for The Arizona Old Crow  (Crow is my last name)   Don't get discouraged this early,,,,,,,or at all!   come to Elmo and play with us, were nice guys!      See you there?     Crow.       :cheers:
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!