Author Topic: MOTORCYCLE BOOTS  (Read 10373 times)

Offline FADED

MOTORCYCLE BOOTS
« on: April 18, 2010, 10:58:54 AM »
I'm getting my stuff together for my rookie debut at ElMo in May and I think I have everything just about ready to go out and try to run for my first time! (I'm so exited) My question this time is boots, the rules state a leather boot at least 8" tall with buckles, velcro etc. I have some newer motocross boots I dont think are leather but like a plastic/composite type, will these pass tech? Or do they have to be all leather?
Thanks again guys, Lance

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: MOTORCYCLE BOOTS
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 11:17:46 AM »
Probably they'll be okay -- but you'd be wise to ask one of the bike inspectors from EM for his opinion.  The rulebook (and I think their website) lists the contact information for Van Butler and Tom Evans -- and they'd be the ones to give you a ruling that's reliable.  Got a photo or the sales literature for them - showing the boots?  Send it to them and let them see what you're talking about.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 12:41:35 PM »
faded   show up with ALL LEATHER boots --lace, buckle or zip at least 8 in. high   trust me  willie buchta

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 12:51:35 PM »
Thanks, Willie.  You know the routine at El Mirage better than I -- so your input is valued more than should be mine.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 01:07:55 PM »
ive been down that road ---  here is the tech sheet ---the tech inspector will go everything on the sheet

http://www.scta-bni.org/pdf/Motorcycle%20Inspection%20form%20back%20side%20April%202009.pdf

Offline debgeo

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 01:12:19 PM »
Tech sheet does not specify Leather???? Also what if you are a one man band, I see equipment required for support CB Radio and fire equipment.
George---Sidecar in progress

Offline dw230

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 01:29:28 PM »
Items on both car and motorcycle tech sheets point to the appropriate rulebook section. If you require that everything on the tech sheet needs to mirror the rulebook we can print multi-page tech sheets.

Not rocket science here.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Online Stan Back

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 02:18:26 PM »
By golly, if the Rule Book says leather, what part of that is not understandable?

Yes, you need a support vehicle at El Mirage.  I guess you could get away with pushing your bike everywhere, but with the leathers on, it might get old after a few miles.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline FADED

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 02:26:22 PM »
I guess my question is.....can they be LEATHER motocross type boots, leather work, cowboy boots,  or do they have to be DOT/SNEll??? approved type of boots?

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 03:40:24 PM »
page 109 7.C.3   BOOTS    Zipper,buckle or lace-up leather boots of substantial construction are required and shall be at least 8 in high.  a fire extinguisher and cb radio are required in your chase vehicle and you CAN NOT ride your bike or drive your car under power any where except down the race course.  you should also read the the el mirage procedures   

http://www.scta-bni.org/El%20Mirage/2010%20El%20Mirage%20Procedures.pdf       willie buchta

Offline joea

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 03:42:58 PM »
if you find dot/snell approved boots let me know....

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 03:50:24 PM »
in the left column of the tech sheet is the place to look in the rule book for the long version----be warned if you dont have the proper safety equipment you wont make it through tech ---your leathers will have to be ALL LEATHER also  NO CLOTH PANELS---if they have perforation's i would fill those also---and i would recommend that your ALL LEATHER GLOVES cuff over your leathers ---remember tech is a safety inspection  

what club do you belong to                                                  willie buchta                  
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 03:52:50 PM by sheribuchta »

Offline FADED

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 04:03:27 PM »
in the left column of the tech sheet is the place to look in the rule book for the long version----be warned if you dont have the proper safety equipment you wont make it through tech ---your leathers will have to be ALL LEATHER also  NO CLOTH PANELS---if they have perforation's i would fill those also---and i would recommend that your ALL LEATHER GLOVES cuff over your leathers ---remember tech is a safety inspection  

what club do you belong to                                                  willie buchta                  
WILLIE MY LEATHERS BETTER PASS TECH!!!! I BOUGHT EM FROM YOU. The club I joined is yours!

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2010, 04:21:05 PM »
that was intended as humor     they already have the scta button               willie buchta
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 04:22:41 PM by sheribuchta »

Offline FADED

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2010, 04:25:46 PM »
MINE WAS INTENDED AS HUMOR AS WELL!!! Thanks again Willie! See you guys out there! wish me luck.