Author Topic: Changes to Sept Top Speed Challange  (Read 1933 times)

Offline rotts4u

• New folks
Changes to Sept Top Speed Challange
« on: April 17, 2010, 11:34:45 PM »
Just to make sure everyone knows this has just been posted to the ECTA webpage. So far I have not found a new magazine home for the event but I am working on it.

Don

We have just been informed that Super Streetbike Magazine has decided to no longer sponsor the Maxton Top Speed Challenge. This event has traditionally been held in conjunction with the normal September event that SSB magazine and the ECTA have co-promoted for the last four years. Currently ECTA officers are determining the best course of action based on the recent announcement and as soon as we know more, we will report it to our members.

As we have all witnessed these tough economic times, the ECTA is considering partnering with another magazine or other media outlets, but we can assure you that come September 25th and 26th there will be land speed racing at Maxton as always. This announcement does not change the ECTA schedule or our plans for the future. Just as in the past, it is the goal of the ECTA to attract the fastest racers in the USA to the Maxton Monster Mile. 

The ECTA would like to thank Super Streetbike Magazine for all of their support and sponsorship for the last four years.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Changes to Sept Top Speed Challange
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 09:21:05 AM »
Nancy and I chatted with Don Smith about this event (last weekend), and he is certainly disappointed.  Of course we asked if there's another magazine that might take up the "challenge" -- and he let us know that he's been looking and asking, but to no avail.  The magazines haven't shown much interest. 

So if the bike top speed challenge is important to you - maybe you can do something to help it happen again.  If you're got a favorite bike magazine - why not YOU get in touch with the editor (don't aim for the low-hanging fruit - go to the top) and tell him that you're a subscriber and supporter of the mag as well as a racer, and that you'd certainly like to see that particular mag take up the sponsorship.  You, your buddies, and all the bike riders that hang out where you do -- all might give this a try.  If the magazines see support at our level - well, maybe one of them will take up the challenge.

Give it a try, hey?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline White Monster

Re: Changes to Sept Top Speed Challange
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 07:37:05 PM »
Super Streetbike Magazine has decided to no longer sponsor the Maxton Top Speed Challenge.

That would be the Super Streetbike Magazine Top Speed Shootout.
 :wink:
Be safe, go fast, have FUN !