Author Topic: I went pretty fast at maxton  (Read 7559 times)

Offline Underdog

Re: I went pretty fast at maxton
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 08:59:59 AM »
 It's always a pleasure to see you and the crew at maxton!!! We were looking forward to having our picture took with you all on Sunday. We found out when we got home that the nitrous wire had removed itself from the arming switch,so that means 204 all motor.Good luck in 2010!!! Always our friends!!! Larry & Frank  (UnderDog)

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 10:29:45 AM »
Great run and I really like your video.  :cheers:  how much is your Evo putting out.  I've some friends that tune a lot of imports including Evo's, you could have some bragging rights over them. :-D

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 10:30:13 AM »
Mike - That was  SUPER run.  I was at the big end when you went by and all was smooth and clean thru the lights.  Thanks for posting the vids - I will likely never see that sight for myself so at least I can live it vicariously.

Larry and Frank - You guys were definitely SMOKIN' too.  Good to see you back at the track and going fast.

I'll look for you both as the season progresses.  Gonna see what the six does with silly gas......

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline t russell

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 09:20:43 PM »
Larry 204 on motor :cheers: :cheers:.
terry

Offline 1 fast evo 2

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 11:07:21 PM »
Great run and I really like your video.  :cheers:  how much is your Evo putting out.  I've some friends that tune a lot of imports including Evo's, you could have some bragging rights over them. :-D

I've never dynoed at this boost level yet but off of some fuel injector duty cycles and previous numbers on the dyno I guesstimate a little over 1200 awhp.
E.C.T.A. 200 MPH club
Winner HOTROD TOPSPEED CHALLENGE (superstreet) 2008
My EVO 2 - 8.96@158 mph in the 1/4
221.4 mph at Maxton sept. 08
223.6 mph at the Texas mile oct. 08
237.6 mph at Maxton april 2010

Offline 116ciHemi

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2010, 12:11:23 AM »
The image of your Evo blowing through the traps at speed is etched in my mind. That was just awesome to watch.

saltfever

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2010, 02:44:38 AM »
Very nice, Mike. Thank you for sharing the video. What brand of camera was it? Also, what is the deal with the "fluttering" tach needle at the 1-2 shift?

Offline 1 fast evo 2

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2010, 07:21:05 AM »
Saltfever- The camera is a couple of year old JVC-its whats called a hybrid as it can record onto the hard drive or sd cards. If your recording in a car you need to record to sd, back when I bought this camera this is what you had to get otherwise no sd, I think it was a year latter cameras that record straight to sd popped up everywhere and for dirt cheap of course. I think it still does a pretty good job,it takes a better vid than can be on youtube so you lose quality.

The fluttering on the 1-2 shift is because when I finally stepped on the gas all the way it blew the tires off so bad it was on the 11,000rpm limiter.
E.C.T.A. 200 MPH club

Offline Livin1072

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2010, 09:53:29 AM »
Mike,

Man I was in impound and I got to see that 237 at the line.... Before the time was announced I looked over to Debbie and said hooo that looked real fast as the shoot filled with air with a pop!

What a treat it is to be able to see these speeds at the line!

Congrats on an objective accomplishment, you'll always be able to say you broke the record first  :wink: just like us, you'll be back  :cheers:

Team SGR Mr Turbo Racing
259.9 mph Texas '09 / 264.3 mph Maxton '10 / 265.1 mph Loring '09

Offline Johntsi

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2010, 10:43:04 PM »
As I told you from the time I got on the radio to let you know what you ran, he did not believe me I might add, to earlier today on the phone, CONGRATS!!  Makes all those things you yell at me when we are trying to make the runs or get the car ready worth it for the past 3 years.

And to the underdogs, always a pleasure, no one else we would rather see win real street.  It saddens me to see you guys are selling the car, hopefully you come back with something else, these events won't be the same without you guys.

John

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2010, 07:20:41 AM »
Mike,
Congrats again on a great run! As Shane said, it's so awesome to be able to watch a super run like that through the traps. You get to see it & feel it all at the same time! We couldn't wait for you to get back up to impound to congratulate you (which took FOREVER by the way! haha).

Thanks for being so gracious in line when we had the sidecar in front of you. The girls have never pushed a bike through line before (somehow we always end up with more bikes then we have people to move them! haha Trust me, the people waiting for me in motorcycle tech appreciated it too!) & we appreciate your kindness & patience!  :-)

LOVE the video! The ads at the end are great! I think we may borrow that idea as there's always so many to thank in LSR. ;)

Looking forward to seeing y'all again!
Debbie
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline 1 fast evo 2

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2010, 07:05:36 PM »
Thanks Debbie, it was no problem at all with holding the spot for the girls in line, and it is very cool that you think my slow(by your standards)car is at all impressive. You guys on those rocket sleds you call motorcycles are the really impressive ones especially on that track surface.
E.C.T.A. 200 MPH club