Author Topic: fuel roadster  (Read 3317 times)

Offline mkilger

fuel roadster
« on: April 15, 2010, 10:10:12 AM »
fuel-gas roadster class, can you put a water tank behind the rear end ? can the tank be below the frame or can it be flush with the bottom of  frame thanks  :|
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 10:12:40 AM by mkilger »

Offline jimmy six

Re: fuel roadster
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 02:53:52 PM »
1st question: yes..

2nd question: There are many opinions on this. Paneling from ?" infront of the midline of the rear axle to the the rear of the car between the frame rails is defined as "floorboards" and are over driveline and suspension parts. Water tanks are not paneling. I would look under a few other cars especially ones which are built body over frame verses body on top of frame. Also look at ones where the frame doesn't extend to the rear of the body. (369) Good Luck
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline RichFox

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 03:11:21 PM »
My tank is flat bottomed, just above flush with the bottom of the bottom tube (1/16 at the most) and wraps around the rearend to fill the entire area behind the drivers compartment to the rear of the body. The car has been through impound 4 times while I have had it without being questioned.

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 11:22:33 PM »
Call Russ Eyres. He will clarify among other things, the floorboard rule in the turtle deck.

About 20 years ago yrs truly built an H20 tank for a '29 that pretty much filled up the entire trunk area similiar to what was suggested above.  We did do some trick things internally  before it was welded up, however,  to keep sloshing around to a minimum.

Never heard anything negative about the car or installation.
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline mkilger

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 11:29:59 PM »
I think what I want to do is ok.  it's just a water tank . The tank will be all behind the rear end.

Offline will6er

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 09:57:30 PM »
Don't forget - that weight behind the axle will pick up the front end.

Will

Offline mkilger

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 11:40:20 PM »
yes the roadster is heavy all round, shooting for about 48-5000 pounds + - and 282 record