Author Topic: Freud ruins it for all of us  (Read 2821 times)

Offline Richard Thomason

• http://www.dannyboystreamliner.com
Freud ruins it for all of us
« on: April 12, 2010, 02:39:46 PM »
Sometimes people do things that make it extremely difficult for those that follow. I was responsible for all the signs that say "No jumping or diving from bridge" and the "No jumping or diving from cliffs" around Lake Chelan. I just got a new Chev 2500 HD and it is rpm limited to 25 mph in reverse. I blame Freud for that!!!!
Do suppose there is an aftermarket chip available?

Offline Freud

Re: Freud ruins it for all of us
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 05:42:11 PM »
Install larger rear tires.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 05:44:17 PM »
If that isn't enough, have Ed change the rear gear.

FREUD
Since '63

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 06:49:18 PM »
Richard, now you're daring me to go out and try it.  I've got an '09 GMC 2500 HD Duramax (diesel for you non-GM folks).  Wonder if the speed limiter is new of '10?  I'll letcha know some day soon.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 08:35:24 PM »
The guys at the OEM's are not dumb. They KNOW you just want to take that rental on the freeway at 80 and jam it into reverse. (Many have done that. Too late for you.)

And if you discover that yours WILL go into reverse at 80 on the freeway, you didn't hear it from me. :-o

My 2001 PT Cruiser would only go to 3,000 rpm in neutral.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline Freud

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 11:12:52 PM »
Quote:

They KNOW you just want to take that rental on the freeway at 80 and jam it into reverse.

I've done it with a Chrysler Cordoba at 75 in cruise.

When it went into reverse, the throttle stayed stuck to the floor. Now when that's done, leaving D to R, it kills cruise.

The car had pretty good wide tires but the smoke started instantly and the truck that was tailgating me saw

his trailer trying to pass him. When his eyes were big enough for me to see him in the mirror, I grabbed Drive and left

him to sort out that errant trailer.

A Budget renter from SLC that I rented on a Sears reservation because Budget thought they didn't have any cars available.

This car was coming out of the washer and I took delivery of the Cordoba on a Economy car reservation.

Probably the toughest rental car I have ever received.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline iguana

• New folks
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 11:36:43 PM »
Had a '67 Nova SS with a 283 and Powerglide tranny. Was cruising down the highway at 60 mph one day and my (now ex-) wife "knocked" the thing into reverse. To be fair to her (it's not the reason she's now the ex), the shift lever was in the center and the spring for the reverse lockout had broke, it was an incident waiting to happen.

Anyways, heard and felt an almighty clunk, and things became strangely silent. Looked in the rearview mirror expecting to see bits of transmission, or maybe the entire thing. Might have been a little puff of smoke, but that was all. I'm coasting downhill with a dead engine, trying to figure out where the best place to pull over might be. Nowhere within a mile, so I put it in neutral, restarted it, and kept driving.

The ex never said a word the rest of the trip. Best drive I ever had with her in the car.
2004 Subaru WRX
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2015 I/FL ? ? ? ?

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 01:38:48 AM »
I saw that picture of Freud on his Triumph.  He is also responsible for those laws that make us wear clothes in publik.

Offline Richard Thomason

• http://www.dannyboystreamliner.com
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 02:16:38 PM »
Mine is actually an "09" They aren't making what I wanted in 2010.