Author Topic: Maxton April 2010  (Read 46766 times)

Offline Johntsi

Re: Maxton April 2010
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2010, 12:18:52 PM »
When it comes to Mike's car and having all the aerodynamics of a brick we found a great quote from Enzo Ferrari that fits well.

"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."
-Enzo Ferrari

Offline RansomT

« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2010, 12:33:02 PM »
Well, here goes my attempt to dump all semblance of modesty.  I wrote this article and submitted it via the internet while we were heading home.  I don't know how long the link will be viable, but give it a look.  I show this stuff to you so you can maybe try to send your own stories to your own local newspaper.  

Local News Papers ... I heard about those once, something like they were important and exsisted before Al Gore invented the internet.   :-D

Offline dr j

• Honda CRF250 & RS125 & 1954 Moto Parilla 175
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2010, 06:01:27 PM »
Congratulations also go to Eric and Dark Horse Racing with his now yellow Kawasaki Ninja 250cc twin 4 stroke.  He spent the weekend ratcheting up the speed of a Modified Partially Streamlined record from 104 to 109mph.  Great job adding to his record collection (not vinyl).

Also I posted a Maxton video of my Honda 250
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jtVTVvE3GU

Great weekend everyone.
Jarl- Moto Madcap
Sharpsburg MD
BUB2012- Morini 350- 4 Mod Pushrod records, Parilla 175- M-VG rec
250cc 4stroke Nitrous Motorcycle- 131.8mph
250/4 Naked Motorcycle-115.6mph
APS/F-125/2 115.2mph
P/PV-175/4 Moto Parilla-59.7mph
29 Retired Maxton Class Records on 3 bikes and 4 engines

Offline Livin1072

« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2010, 06:33:16 PM »
What a great weekend it was !!!  Congrats again Bill I forget there are so many sites to stop and say congrats!

We had a blast and will be back for more, Bill is a great person to race against we were constantly bumping each others mph until the Fat lady started singing.  Bill posted an obvious huge 272 mph, will see what the Speed Gods have in store for us :-D

Even though our little 264mph wasn't enough to take home the prize it was something I've wanted since '05 when Lee moved the bar that high.  To me back then that was Huge!!  If you can't dream of one day being on top whats the point?
Even if this go round on top only last 38 minutes it was infact On Top  :wink: so for that I'm thankful to Team Guthrie for the opportunity and for that moment. 

Also the whole ECTA organisation is just a great group of racers, friends and family what a great platform to share an accomplishment.

Great Job Team Wild Bill!

See you at track real soon  :cheers:   

Shane
Team SGR Mr Turbo Racing
259.9 mph Texas '09 / 264.3 mph Maxton '10 / 265.1 mph Loring '09

Offline 116ciHemi

« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2010, 06:58:14 PM »
Here are the pics I got:

Reichen's timeslip:

The Jacket ceremony:

This was my first experience with Maxton, and I had a great time. I will be back to race in June.

-Walt
(The confused looking kid working timeslips and later staging)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2010, 07:12:38 PM »
That's pretty cool having everyone sign the car. Those memories are forever, Take a lot of pictures of it and frame them.
 :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline desotoman

« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2010, 07:36:56 PM »
How did Mike Meirele and Ed Safarik do with Mike's Truck?

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2010, 08:26:56 PM »
Not sure how Mike's truck came out in the end but he had some really nice runs and I saw him at the record table at least once.

On the bike side - We should also mention Sam and Rob (darn if I can remember their last name).  I know Sam bumped her record in the Little Bitty Displacement class (bike classes are a mystery to me) riding her Sears/Italian (maybe a Binelli?) bike, and I'm pretty sure Rob set a record or two on the 750 Honda sidecar bike.

Notice that SSS has been TOTALLY silent about losing his car record in E/CPRO to a vastly superior driver (that would be me) IN THE SAME CAR!  Well that, and the dyno shop found 1/3 more HP.  That bar is now a bit higher.

Enough harassment?
Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline 116ciHemi

« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2010, 08:28:29 PM »
That's pretty cool having everyone sign the car. Those memories are forever, Take a lot of pictures of it and frame them.

The Sharpie Nova belongs to the girl who was working record verification. I believe that most of the signatures came from power tour, but I know it gained more (including mine) over the weekend.

Offline t russell

« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2010, 08:28:54 PM »
I think 137 before it ate the clutch :-(
terry

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2010, 08:33:24 PM »
She's Celeste Perris.  Her Dad, David, was the heavy set guy in pre-stage.  They were a real joy to have and they both did a GREAT job as volunteers - as did Walt.  We'll take any or all of 'em when ever we can get them.

Dan

The Sharpie Nova belongs to the girl who was working record verification. I believe that most of the signatures came from power tour, but I know it gained more (including mine) over the weekend.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2010, 12:29:03 AM »
     :evil:      "Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."
                                                                      -Enzo Ferrari   
I know a guy who has run a turbo BBC Ferrari on the salt, and I have seen film of a pretty intresting ride, that would probabaly agree that a lot of Ferraris dont have much arero  :-D

Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2010, 08:22:39 AM »
Tom,

We took 2 records, my nephew Sam Randolph upped his own record in F/BMMP   to 137.570MPH
and I took the low hanging fruit E/BMMP at 137.161MPH. The clutch is toast, have to roll it on slow in third gear and nurse it, but we got 4 runs out of it. anybody got a used Tilton for a DSM?

The new Datsun pickup took my old F/PMP record from 2 years ago. they were a happy bunch.

with regard to the operation of the meet, It was the best I've ever seen, the Pre-staging on the access road, and limiting the number of cars at the end of the track really worked. Once you hit the lineup, you had to be ready to run, no standing around BS'ing with other racers. Plenty of volunteers checking belts and pins in pre-stage. Me likey...

Terry, sorry I missed ya when we left, we took a tour around and I didn't see ya?
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2010, 08:35:37 AM »
I liked the setup also. For a crew of one it was hard to get food water.(run forest run) But now that I have it figured out the prestage on the road work's for me.
   Once you get to the start line it is all business.

:cheers:  As always the startline crew is the best . :cheers:
Thank you to all the volunteers

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2010, 11:09:20 AM »
Oh Lord, don't encourage them.  They already need an XXL helmet, if you know what I mean.

Glad you guys like the early pre-staging.  We'd been waiting until there was a back up then starting pre-stage but this time we planned to have David and another person in pre-stage at the start of the day and I agree that it worked out great.  I'll try to schedule that way from now on.

Dan

:cheers:  As always the startline crew is the best . :cheers: