Author Topic: Maxton April 2010  (Read 46769 times)

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Re: Maxton April 2010
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2010, 06:56:32 PM »
ya missed a good one slim....
Kent

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2010, 07:01:55 PM »
Run logs:  Well, I know that Debbie said she'd be able to post them -- and I know she had to leave early to be at work on Monday (usually she takes an extra day to get the race stuff all sorted -- this time she didn't have that time).  And I know that she says she's getting up at 4AM (ISHTA! - just thinking of that hour gives me a headache).

So -- I'll text her and ask if she's got them available and will let you know when I can get 'em posted.  She used to have the keywords to put them on the site without having to babysit lameol' me - maybe she can still do that.

As for missing a good one -- well, yeah, I guess so.  We have a great excuse, though -- driving home takes us across the eastern Upper Peninsula of Michigan -- and the population there is so sparse that there is spotty cellphone coverage at best - and our internet link uses the cellphone system - so I couldn't get online, I couldn't even make phone calls.

Glad things are back to copascetic.  (Unm, the machine doesn't like how I spelled that.  Anyone know the correct spelling?).
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2010, 07:08:39 PM »
Jon,

That's a term from the 60's-70's... so you are dating yourself,,, but the correct spelling is Copasetic

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline desotoman

« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2010, 07:13:22 PM »
copacetic

Glad the PC is over and it does not stand for politically correct. LOL.

Tom G.

PS. I read it all.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2010, 07:32:00 PM »
Charles, I think "dating onesself" is something that's reserved for Onanists.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2010, 07:40:41 PM »
I just got a text back from Debbie -- and sure enough, I was right -- she's swamped with stuff of life.  She'll get the logs to us as soon as she can -- but you've gotta remember that she's not only dealing with Amanda, her daughter, and Josh Owens, Lauren (and Dave's) son that lives with them as he's working his way into being a necessary shop guy with Twin Jugs -- but Debbie has to put up with Todd.  That'd be a challenge well beyond me!

Supper's on the table.  Later. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2010, 09:14:21 PM »
Bike is up and running a few days late but you guys put on such a show that the sidelines weren't too bad a place to be.  What a scene across from registration when Bill made that pass.  No one recognized Bill's new fairing so Joe was asking for verification of both the speed and the bike number at the same time word was coming in about cones flying and that all was ok.  That bike was flying and the sound it made was new to my ears.  Congrats to all for your records and putting on a great show.  Next time I plan to be part of it myself!   :cheers:

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2010, 09:46:46 PM »
And oh yeah, the car guys ran pretty fast too. Has there ever been an event where both track records were broken? It also seems exceptional that both records were broken and then upped by a different competitor and not just the same person laying down a better run. Super event and thanks for all the entertainment.

Offline TURBO KING

« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2010, 10:02:54 PM »
And oh yeah, the car guys ran pretty fast too. Has there ever been an event where both track records were broken? It also seems exceptional that both records were broken and then upped by a different competitor and not just the same person laying down a better run. Super event and thanks for all the entertainment.

Wow, I didn't even realize that until you wrote it, and I was there all weekend!

Very astute observation.

Walt
RCC Super Ultra Kit
Harry's Case/Head Mods
Built, tuned, ridden and owned by me
635 honest rwhp, capable of more
244 mph at Maxton
Top Speed Overall Maxton 2007
Winner 2007 Super Streetbike Magazine Top Speed Shootout
Thanks Richard P, DaveO, Rick S

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2010, 02:12:56 AM »
Bill rocked the house ! !

Others just talked ...congrats to the racers and their personal bests and to Bill for turning LSR PS and open bike racing upside down.. :cheers:

John

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2010, 07:20:14 AM »
   From the small bike world

A big Congratulations goes to Madcap racing . Jarl went booming down the track for the fastest Altered Partial streamlined 250 four stroke run ever 115 mph .And a personal best .Also without a fairing he went 112 mph to take the top Altered record.
Good Job :cheers:
Thank you to all the volunteers

Offline White Monster

« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2010, 08:47:14 AM »
I know this forum is fairly bike-centric, but ...

What a great weekend we had, the pits were full with over 100 race teams and 1,100 spectators.
We also set two track records for cars ... Mike Riechen set a new track record at 237 mph and then it was topped, by Eric Yost in his Drag Week white 3rd Gen Firebird at 241 mph a short time later, which took the HRM Top Speed Challenge Super Street jacket !!

What a great weekend of racing !!
 :-D

BTW - Tonya told me the run log would not import into the database, so Deb will need to work her magic and massage a few of the entries before it will be able to be imported.
Be safe, go fast, have FUN !

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2010, 10:15:52 AM »
Here is a pic of Mike and his record setting Mitsubishi...

Here is the power behind the record...

Sorry I didn't get a pic of the FireBird. Everytime I saw it , it was on the opposite end of the pits from me.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 10:23:15 AM by Rchop »
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2010, 10:15:59 AM »
Well, here goes my attempt to dump all semblance of modesty.  I wrote this article and submitted it via the internet while we were heading home.  I don't know how long the link will be viable, but give it a look.  I show this stuff to you so you can maybe try to send your own stories to your own local newspaper.  Our paper - the Marquette Mining Journal -- has a "virtual newsroom", and that's the way they receive articles from me.  It makes it easy -- and the chances are far better of them getting the story correct if you write it yourself.

http://www.miningjournal.net/page/content.detail/id/542873.html?nav=5042

PS   Sorry that this thread is "bike-centric" -- I know I need to get more car data in about each event, but when Nancy and I are racing as well as "reporting" -- well, there are the hours spent in the staging lines (when I otherwise would be gathering data on cars.  I'll keep trying. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2010, 12:07:42 PM »
That 4-door Mitsubishi makes the mega-dollar supercars look not so super!
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records