Author Topic: Maxton April 2010  (Read 46964 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Maxton April 2010
« on: April 09, 2010, 08:49:08 PM »
Well, that didn't work.  Photobucket isn't working the right way, it seems, so I'll try to get those photos to load using some other method.  I took 'em in pretty big file size, though -- can't get 'em to load directly.  I'll think and see what I can do for you.  Dang -- decent photos (even if I did take them myself).

Anyway, there are lots of cars this year for the Hot Rod Magazine Top Speed Challenge - Maxton April event.  Lots of bikes, too -- but about twice as many cars are pre-registered as are bikes.  I'll see what more I can do and get back here in a while.

.....  Crap.  The computer won't let me paste into this panel.  I'll have to think for a while -- and will, if nothing else, take a batch more tomorrow with smaller file size - so you can see 'em some way.  In the meantime -- at lest go take a look at this album on Photobucket:

http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/SeldomSeenSlim/Maxton%20April%202010/

yeah, sure, now that I told you I feel badly because it won't work -- now it will.

It's bedtime -- I'll make a run on the bike in the morning and get back here with some more stuff for you.  Lemme know if you can't see 'em on the photobucket album.  Here's one, anyway. . .

It's my old nitrous bike without the front bodywork.  I'll ride it this way tomorrow -- just for some fun.  Ah, it's been about four and a half years.

And finally:

« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 09:05:30 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline RidgeRunner

Re: Maxton April 2010
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 11:23:42 PM »
     Came through just fine up here.  Thanks for all the effort, taking a lot of shake out of the speed fix DT's I picked up from being AWOL this meet.

Ed

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 11:32:24 PM »
Mmmmm...

Nice!   :mrgreen:

Interesting!

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline joea

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 12:03:14 AM »
...helps the fuel atomize..

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 11:50:13 AM »
Okay, we'll start with the good news.  The weather is great and things are dandy -- about 60F and 10-12mph headwind.  NMo clouds -- just absolutely dandy.  We're running slow runs the first time -- Keith insisted we all take it a bit easy to see the work that's been done on the track since last October's event.  Sure enough -- the white line is brighter and wider and fine and easy to follow, and the clear lane is wide, and the long shutdown is way wider and clean and things are pretty good.

So Dean Sabat made a 197 "easy run -- one of the fastest I've hearcd so far.  Todd told me to make a fourth-gear only run -- just for data.  The bike felt fine -- and sure enough, redline in fourth gear got me about 1 1/4 mph on the old record.  Bonneville gears on a short track -- that's what happens.

We're in a short shut down time here for Saturday rookie orientation, so I'll get some photos put on the site.

The electric bike just ran a 59.484.  Sorry I didn't notice -- went through the lights pretty silently.  Here it is:

Okay, that's enough for now.  I'll post and let you folks enjoy -- while I see if I'm gonna make another run.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 11:52:31 AM »
The Superbird (no, that isn't right, is it?  What'd they call the Dodge version?) just ran a 128++ license pass.  Sounds nice.,  Then a circle track car did a 169 with a righteous roar.  Ah, it's good to be back at the race track, boys and girls.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline tricktom1

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 12:36:50 PM »
Great pix, Maxton has an awesome variety  :cheers:
TexasMile 261.5 MPH
http://www.houstonmile.com/

Offline bak189

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 01:54:35 PM »
" And finally".............tell me more about that Honda sidecar........is it a "Flexe" I can only see 2 sidecar mounts.......Interesting........
Question authority.....always

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 01:57:02 PM »
Let's see -- Shane ran a 242, Josh Owen a 177 (4th gear on Debbie's naked bike).  I'll getcha some more vehicles and speeds.  Here are some photos:

I'll get some speeds for vehicles -- will be back in a while.  Gonna make another run, too -- the wind has died down nicely - the flag is just hangin' there.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 01:58:08 PM »
Bob, I'll try to get you some closeups.  I know he's run 109 without the "chair" -- ran a 107 earlier today.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 02:46:35 PM »
Mike Reichen -- "Onlyafour" on the Forum - just ran a 237 in his little (?!) car.  It's  the track record for a car.

Other vehicles passing by. . .

Pair o' Bugeyes

More later.  Oh, Steve Van Blarcom just ran a 201+ -- puts him in the 2 Club!  Congratulations!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline dw230

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 03:34:50 PM »
Its amazing how that bug eye Sprite changes color as it moves.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 04:43:36 PM »
     Congratulations Steve and crew!   :cheers:  Good to see the effort by all finally rewarded.

Ed

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 05:47:33 PM »
Done for today -=- at least Nancy and I are done.  We're back to rinse a bunch of track dust - and get ready to go to the Banquet in less than an hour. 

First of all -- here are two of the folks we hear about but don't often get to see.  Donna Timney is on the right, Tonya Turk on the left.  They're the "Donya" pair that run this whole dang thing -- don't let Keith or Joe tell you anything else.

Okay, now that the ladies have had their moment in the sun -- I thank them for being kind enough to register the two records I set today.  I bumped this morning's 176.75 to a 182.4 this afternoon.  Cool.

And here are a few more cars -- mostly spectators, I think.  But boyoboy were there lots of spectators this event.  I don't remember ever seeing this many.  It's a wonderful turnout.

I don't think this car is racing this month -- but then, I have been known to be wrong.  That happened the one time I thought I had made a mistake.

As for runs -- Debbie says she'll get me a run log to post -- but not 'til after the event ends tomorrow afternoon.  Please be patient and wait for a while -- then we'll have all of the speeds for the entire weekend.

No, I don't know who's leading the Hot Rod Magazine Top Speed Challenge classes right now -- maybe will find out for you tonight at the banquet.

Later --

PS  Still promise to find out about that rig with the 750 Honda, Bob.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Johntsi

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 05:50:21 PM »
WOW, what a day for racing.  We had a great time and taking the track Record with Reichens evo was a great day.  We are gonna let the car sit unless someone bumps that number tomorrow.

CONGRATS MIKE! You just made all the yelling work in the pits for the past 3 years worth it man.  

And if anyone wants to help celebrate we will be at Champs for drinks tonight!