Author Topic: Ride Annie Ride...  (Read 6891 times)

Offline Rocky R

• Author/Land Speed Racing Site
Ride Annie Ride...
« on: April 08, 2010, 11:03:17 PM »
A close friend of the family is suffering from Osteosarcoma, a form of cancer that starts in your bones. Annie has a 3 year old son name Jacob. She is in stage 4 of this terrible disease. One wish Annie has is to ride on the back of a motorcycle. What she doesn't know is we are putting together an organized ride in her honor to help her and her son. If you live in the northern CA. area, please consider joining us.

Thanks

Rocky and Tricia Robinson

Offline debgeo

Re: Ride Annie Ride...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 12:41:02 AM »
I live in Colorado so riding with you is out of question, but I would like to make a donation preferably thru paypal. Is this possible. THANKS George
George---Sidecar in progress

Offline Rocky R

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 05:29:19 PM »
We don't have a Paypal account set up, but we are taking donations in Annie's name, that will be given to her at the bbq immediately following the ride. If you are interested, please PM me and I'll give you an address where to send.

Thank you!

Offline dw230

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 12:15:46 PM »
This is a very noble thing.

I read in Autoweek a while back about a girl with a similar challenge. She wanted a ride in a supercar. Mark Vaughn, an Autoweek columnist, arranged for her to ride in not one, but several cars. It was the highlite of her life.

God bless Annie and Rocky and Tricia for their generous and thoughtful concern.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Rocky R

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 10:16:48 PM »
We have 46 bikes commited to the run so far. The great thing is, Annie thinks just me and a bud or two are going to show up at her driveway. The neighborhood will think their being invaded that morning. Can't wait. We've reserved 100 spots at the park for the bbq and everyday we get a few more. A lot of great people have helped and many more wished us well. Thanks to everyone. Racers, bikers, a church bike club and an ironworkers club are all involved. Life is good, and meant to be shared...

Offline Rocky R

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 08:56:29 PM »
Some of you may have read my posts linking my articles on lsr competition to the online magazine MotorcycleUSA. They've allowed me to post a preview of the upcoming ride in Annie's honor and tell a little about what folks can expect and a few pictures to set the mood. Click on the link to see the article:
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/305/6643/Motorcycle-Article/Join-the-Ride-Annie-Ride-Benefit.aspx

I've worked with a lot of really great people on this project who've volunteered time or made donations, or wished us well. Tricia and I thought it would be cool to give event pins to those who attended the ride.

Soooooo....

We decided we should contact the best in the business, our very own Jon and Nancy Wennerberg, since as you recall, they now run a trophy and engraving business. They were very helpful, and like the rest of you here, they are fast! They worked with us over the phone while driving home from Maxton. Jon had his laptop cranked up and we exchanged emails with drawings, suggestions, and the like. Nancy was also very helpful and I'm sure the finished product will be something anyone having anything to do with the run will be proud to wear.  :cheers:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 09:19:59 PM »
Uh-oh, now we're on the spot.  Nancy is the artist in the group -- sure hope she and Tricia can make things work out for Annie.  I'm just a business guy. . .  Thanks for the kudos for Kudos, Rocky.  Best wishes (again and always) on the project.  Too bad we can't get out there for the ride.

Wait, though -- wouldn't it be a fun rush to have a bunch of us show up on our race bikes?  Just what would the neighborhood say to that?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Rocky R

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 07:14:51 PM »
Well tomorrow morning is the big day. We've had some generous donations for Annie and lots of volunteers. I've learned that motorcycle people and racers of all kinds are good people. We have about 86 who've RSVP'd, a very good turnout for this type of event. We've heard from a few other bike clubs that may show up so who knows what the final count will be. (we're estimating around 100)

The really neat thing is Annie is going to have a good day and it will be because many of the previously mentioned types that this was made possible.

Thank you!  :cheers:

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 09:57:21 PM »
This is awesome! Sorry I'm just now seeing this! Best of luck with your run.
I just love doing these kinds of runs!

I hope you'll post some pictures and I hope you have an awesome weather day & a wonderful run!

:)

Debbie
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Rocky R

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 10:42:51 AM »
The run was a huge success. Weather Gods were smiling, traffic was light, and we had 92 riders join the brigade, plus around 20 volunteers for the barbecue and park activities. Channel 10 news covered the ride, as did the local newspaper, Quick Throttle magazine, and MotorcycleUSA. Donations were generous and Annie was smiling all day. We did good.  :cheers:

This was early morning staging in my hometown of Grass Valley.

Riding through downtown Yuba City on our way to pick up Annie.

Invading Annie's neighborhood.

Annie is ready to ride!

Rolling through the Sutter Buttes. Those are sheep on the left.

Bikes as far as you can see.

Annie having a real good time.

Ride Annie Ride 2010.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 10:50:34 AM »
Congratulations Rocky on a job really well done. I'm so glad it all worked out so well. :-D

Pete

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 06:32:29 PM »
Spectacular  :cheers:

Offline Rocky R

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 09:31:18 PM »
Here's a link to the newspaper article covering the event. Two of the reporters, both petite females, rode on the back of a couple bikers to experience the ride first hand. Bill Carter is the one we picked to haul Annie because his bike had a 3/4 enclosed rear seat to keep Annie in place. Here's the link:
http://www.appeal-democrat.com/news/cancer-94246-adventures-ride.html

Here's a couple of many of the emails we got after the event:
All,
What an honor and a blessing this event was. I have done many, many things on motorcycles in 40+ years of riding and this rates at the top.
Our ministry, The Wayriderz of Nevada county (and our national) was present and we were all very blessed to be a part of the 1st of many rides to come to honor Annie.

What a ray of God given sunshine that shone down upon us all on Saturday. Please convey my love to Annie. What a beautiful young lady inside & out. I really look forward to our next one and meeting her son. We will have to insert the Side-car we discussed early on. It is so glorious to see God’s hands at work to allow somebody’s wishes / dreams become reality beyond prediction. Count us in and may you continue to be blessed in your efforts and courage. I intend to post photos soon.

For any and all who were invited but could not attend, please make plans to attend next years event and I am sure that Rocky will post the date ASAP so we can plan around maybe the 25th of April 2011.

Adoring Christ from Downtown san Francisco on this beautiful Monday a/m.
“A legacy begins w/ a pure motive and a motive gains life from willingness of heart”. B.Deily

I am so glad you stopped me in the parking lot at Guideras. The hole event was just warm, I don't know any other way to explain it. I've been on motorcycles since 69 and seen and been places around the world and none of them ever made me feel the way I did Saturday. Thank you for inviting me to this run. Meeting Annie and her family was great. I hope to see her in Nevada City for the Iron Workers meet, she will really enjoy the ride.
She is such a beautiful person and her son looks like he is a kick.
Thank You again.
Rick Davis [Peg Leg]
Iron Workers M/C 118

Offline t russell

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 10:38:18 PM »
Rocky that was a great thing you all did.
terry

Offline Bill Carter

• New folks
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 12:44:10 PM »
Hey Rocky,

I just want to thank you for allowing me to help out on this awesome event. Annie is an amazing gal with a spectacular heart and spirit. I had so much fun and feel truly blessed that she rode with me on her special day.  I can't wait for the next item on her list, Sky Diving... :-o  Ya wanna go with us? Anybody on here want to go with us????? Top speed is only 120MPH terminal velocity...LOL...

For this to be the first event that you and Trish put together you guys did an awesome job. Even the bumps we had went smooth. I would love to work with you guys again anytime.

Here's to a fun and successful event,

:cheers:

Bill Carter