Author Topic: Motorcycle Classes  (Read 3677 times)

Offline Baz

• New folks
Motorcycle Classes
« on: April 06, 2010, 04:17:21 PM »
Hi Everybody

Baz the new boy from the UK looking for some help again.

I am currently trying to fill out entry forms for Speedweek, BUB and World of Speed 2010.

I just wanted to check with anybody in the know about classes.

The bike is a Suzuki Hayabusa with stock bore therefore the 1350cc displacement class.

More or less standard fairing, stock wheelbase but the chassis has been lowered, so I think modified partially streamlined (MPS)

Turbocharged (B)

Water Injection System using either pure methanol or methanol/water mix therefore fuel class (F)

So I reckon my class for Speedweek will be 1350cc MPS PF, as I am entering with AMA at BUB I think that will be the same.

Am I right anybody

Thanks
Baz

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Motorcycle Classes
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 04:21:29 PM »
Well -- is that "P" just before the "F", for fuel?  If so -- it shouldn't be -- should be a "B", for blown.  Might just be your typo.  Otherwise you've got it correct.

As for the Bub/AMA classifications -- I'm not familiar with them, so someone else will responde to that part of your query.  We look forward to seeing you on the salt.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Baz

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 04:27:54 PM »
Well -- is that "P" just before the "F", for fuel?  If so -- it shouldn't be -- should be a "B", for blown.  Might just be your typo.  Otherwise you've got it correct.

As for the Bub/AMA classifications -- I'm not familiar with them, so someone else will responde to that part of your query.  We look forward to seeing you on the salt.

Thanks, yes it was my typo, lookin forward to seeing you too.

Baz

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 04:30:54 PM »
Always glad to see another Busa!! We are kind of underrepresented. :roll: :cheers:

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing