Author Topic: 650cc production supercharged?  (Read 13468 times)

Offline firemanjim

Re: 650cc production supercharged?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 02:24:17 AM »
Turbo Seca is what you have I am guessing, ran one several years back. 653 was correct,had to run 750 class. Really held back by stock gearing with stock shaft drive.Ran about 127 with my 115 lb son on limiter the whole way. PB is pushrod blown.Not really anyway to swap gearing. Gave up on it and stuck the whole Seca turbo system on a Yamaha FJ 600.
Don't really have to worry about speed rated tires.
And we may be gunning for those MPS 750 records this year,got the APS records already at 218 and 212.
And the Yamaha motor had spark plugs off set so cannot be measured with the tools,has to be centered.
Bonneville 2001,2002,2003,2004,and NO stinking 2005,DLRA 2006, next?
Well,sure can't complain about 2008--6 records over 200 and 5 hats from Bonneville,Bubs, and El Mirage for the team!

Offline Beairsto Racing

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 02:31:26 AM »
You will run in modified frame as 750 MPS/BG or MPS/BF. You could remove the fairing and run in M-BG or M-BF as well. There are a few things that you could do to bump it in to the Altered frame class as well and then run 750 APS/BG or again, run it naked as A-BG or A-BF.
Production anything does not apply in your case.
The classes are confusing at first but it will make sense soon.

Post some pictures! What kind of shape is it in? I've always been fond of the factory turbo bikes, I remember seeing them in the show room with big eyes when I was 14.

Scott
2 Club since '02
Sponsored by: Turple Bros.,
Palliser Chevrolet, Hose Headquarters, Bentley's Motosicle Pain Tin, The Window Man

Offline High Gear

• Team Arrow Racing
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 02:32:32 PM »
Question?

Is my 1983 Honda factory stock completely original CX650T legal to run PPBG/750?
As in Pushrod, Production, Blown, Gas, /750.

Gary
Fix What You Know is Wrong First
Spirits Of The Lakes E/FMS Berkeley #569

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 03:59:25 PM »
The non-stock exhaust is what takes you out of production.  If it's still got the factory piping and the factory turbo -- it's still not "visually identical to" what the factory shipped out the door, and therefore not "production".  By the way, in my note a half-dozen posts ago - I forgot to add a "B" in front of Gas or Fuel, and that "B" is for blown.

As for whether you're in "open", meaning ""naked" -- you'd have to remove all (any) factory fairing that's in front of the rider, including windscreen -- to be in the class.  If it's got bodywork or even just a windscreen -- it's modified partial streamliner -- -- even if it is stock factory bodywork.

As for the "A" class -- that's for race-only bikes, and requires such as a wheelbase at least 10% over stock, or foot pegs within 6" of the rear wheel, or a fuel tank of less than 5 liters capacity, or a few other requirements.  Any one of the requirements is enough to get you into "A" classes.

Okay?  Got your rulebook yet?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline blackdog

• New folks
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 10:50:31 PM »
Seldom Seen.......... by"open class" I ment a class without a record
 yup got the 2010 rule book. it might be hard to tell by my questions though.

Scott.....if I understand the records "PB"= production supercharged if you add a "G" or a "F" now it meens Pushrod supercharged gas or fuel. I'll put some pics on the build site. not that I went out looking for this bike. it sort of fell out of the sky on me. 

all this clinging to "PB" might seem pointless, but is the result of the 2007 run with a 250cc in the "M-G" class
turns out that the foot peg location made it a "A-G" (my fault for not understanding the rule details) (not that the class ment a lot to me, just wanted to run on the big white dino) but now the tire didnt have the right speed rating. cant run it like that. off to salt lake city to find a tire.
got back in time to take one run. thus the worry about speed rated tires, and the exact class.

JimL.....thanks for the tip on the 18" tire.

Offline Beairsto Racing

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 10:57:27 PM »
P-PB is the "production blown" class, it does not differentiate between partial streamlined and open bikes and as already mentioned it is a "gas" class". There is a record in the 750 P-PB class with a Kawasaki Gpz Turbo, they are 738cc.

Other production classes:
P-P is "production".
P-PP is "production push rod". Again, neither differentiate between fairings or naked, it is however they came from the factory and they will run on gas.

Another example of alphabet soup:
APS-PBF is Altered Frame (Special Construction), Partial Streamlined, Push rod, Blown, Fuel
2 Club since '02
Palliser Chevrolet, Hose Headquarters, Bentley's Motosicle Pain Tin, The Window Man

Offline Beairsto Racing

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 12:03:13 AM »
I see where all the confusion is coming from regarding the "PB".

The first letters define the chassis and body, the 2nd group define the engine type, induction etc.

Another example:
MPS-PBG means Modified Frame, Partial Streamlined, Push rod, Blown, Gas
2 Club since '02

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 12:39:42 AM »
the P-PB is production chassis-production engine  blown--------there is no altered class--there is A which is special construction-----A-PG =special construction- pushrod gas----at first it may be confusing but remember in the A special construction class the P is for pushrod not production ---if you all read page 111 top half it is really simple-----------willie buchta

Offline blackdog

• New folks
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 01:12:06 AM »
willie.......the part that had me stuck was wanting to combine a "MPS" frame class with a "PB" engine class. as I see it now only "P" (Production) frame class can have "PB" (production blower) engine.
as I look to the top of pg. 111 section 7.D.4 tells me the max displacement and max no. of engines. it does list (on the first line) all the engine combinations of P, PP, PB, PPB and PV. after a frame class P.
can this mean that all these are do-able record class combinations?

now hop over to the records pg.136 for 750cc and there are three, "P-P" (frame=production-engine=production) "P-PP" (frame=production-engine=production pushrod) and "P-PB" (frame=production-engine=productionsupercharged) with no "P-PPB" or "P-V" that are possible class combos with no record thus "open" do I have this right so far?

back to pg.111 at the "MPS" frame class, "all except UG, UF..." does "all" mean P, PP, PB, PPB,and PV?  not.
after moving out of frame class "P" no more production blower.
got it.

next
Scott....having trouble posting pics on the build site, I'll work on it more this weekend, the condition was terrible even for a *Free* bike. it was never going to see the street again. but in a way that's the fun part(for me) is seeing if it can/will run and building the parts that cant be found. this is a very shade-tree setup.

Firemanjim...congrads on a 127 run anyway, how did you deal with the tire ratings? I'm sure the tires I have are OK to 130 but if the record for the class is 200+ what happens?

Offline firemanjim

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2010, 01:28:06 AM »
 It as not an issue at time--there were not alot of records in 750 blown class,sorry if we put them into stratosphere.

Bonneville 2001,2002,2003,2004,and NO stinking 2005,DLRA 2006, next?
Well,sure can't complain about 2008--6 records over 200 and 5 hats from Bonneville,Bubs, and El Mirage for the team!

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2010, 10:17:55 PM »
blackdog---i think the the M and MPS on page should include P and PP ---i think a misprint---you have a good understanding of the classes---to help further you can check the codes on page 178, 179, 180, and 181--and it will be much clearer for you ---the only codes i dont see are UG and UF and TO time only  hope this helps                            willie buchta

Offline blackdog

• New folks
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2010, 12:08:21 AM »
to= time only?
 sounds like it might be right for me, but I don't see it in the rule book.
might this (TO) class get me around the tire rating issues?

so I enter as 750cc MPS-BG-TO?

Thanks for all of your input on this

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2010, 12:55:42 PM »
You can't enter Time Only to circumvent the safety rules.  If your vehicle fits in a class, it should be entered in it.  The Chief Inspector/Meet Director/??? can allow Time Only vehicles which may be restricted to speed limits because of safety issues.  Counting on getting a variance might be foolhearty.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline bak189

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2010, 01:41:22 PM »
Sounds to me......if you are interested in "Time Only" the "Run what You Brung" is for you at the annual BUB Meet........................
Question authority.....always

Offline blackdog

• New folks
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2010, 02:03:32 PM »
Stan....the goal now is to be able to run at all.

the bike with its shaft drive gearing will only do 121-127mph on a good day.

I have tires that rate for 130 mph, so the safety angle is covered. (IMHO)

I dont expect to bend the rules around to make this event, but if it is a matter of how the bike is entered, I'm all ears.