Author Topic: Kirkham's Motorsports open house  (Read 2823 times)

Offline Wester

Kirkham's Motorsports open house
« on: February 15, 2010, 05:44:00 AM »
You may have seen the polished aluminum bodied Cobra replicas at World of Speed.  They had an open house last weekend, the same day as the Norhwest Reunion.  They showed off a few innovations like their billet framed Cobra.  See the book and photos at http://www.kirkhammotorsports.com/book_aoe/ to see what the president of Oracle is driving.  The photo is part of the chassis of the test mule they used to be sure everything fit.  One of the kids ran out with a skateboard deck as I was going in. I've attached a photo.   Just shows what kind of fooling around you can do when you have a back room full of CNC machines and an idea.

Offline RidgeRunner

Re: Kirkham's Motorsports open house
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 07:26:12 AM »
     One quick glance, jaw dropped and moved but the sound couldn't make it out, a speechless WOW! 

I foresee much serious study time ahead.  Thanks for posting.

Ed

Offline RichFox

Re: Kirkham's Motorsports open house
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 08:32:59 AM »
Oracal is right down the road from here. I drive by there all the time. Everybody knows that Larry Ellison has all the money in the world. He likes fast boats and planes. So a few years ago I wrote to him about putting some money into Jacks ideas and going for the wheel driven record. He never wrote back.