Author Topic: IMPACT RACING, NOTICE OF DECERTIFICATION; FROM SFI  (Read 8356 times)

Offline Gwillard

Re: IMPACT RACING, NOTICE OF DECERTIFICATION; FROM SFI
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 04:50:23 PM »
The safety equipment designed and manufactured under the supervision of Bill Simpson saved my butt more than once. If he says it is good, then that is good enough for me.
Will weld for beer :cheers:

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 06:31:30 PM »
Saw a crew chief wearing an Impact suit yesterday during the nascar race. Must still be good enough to wear sitting on top of a pit box :evil:
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline cagedruss

• New folks
    • Racetech
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 07:47:33 PM »
Actually the whole team was still wearing Impact. I was in a big fire in a late model stock car. I was involved in a wreck and my dry sump hoses were tore off the block. Car went up in a huge ball of fire while I was still moving. I was wearing Impact at the time and only suffered minor burns. There is some good reading on Impact's website.

Offline jl222

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 11:11:11 PM »
Actually the whole team was still wearing Impact. I was in a big fire in a late model stock car. I was involved in a wreck and my dry sump hoses were tore off the block. Car went up in a huge ball of fire while I was still moving. I was wearing Impact at the time and only suffered minor burns. There is some good reading on Impact's website.

Did your suit have the non -nomex thread and the sub-standard material?
  I wouldn't believe a word those low lifes said, if I knew they were telling the truth.

JL222

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 11:40:20 PM »
On yesterdays “Wind Tunnel” program they mentioned somewhere around 150 (cant remember the exact number) competitors were not allowed to race at a drag race event in TX unless they had replaced the non-compliant safety equipment.  In the end I think only about 7 could not buy, borrow or find the safety equipment to race.  All I have ever used was products developed by Bill Simpson, but now after that trust has been broken I will never use his stuff.  Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 12:00:50 AM »
JL222, please read your statement and comment again for us. I reside in the  dimwitted slow universe; is it his lying mouth, your deceiving ears  or your brain that is causing you the conflict and grief?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 07:01:02 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline jl222

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 12:01:37 PM »
JL222, please read your statement and comment again for us. I reside in the  dimwitted slow universe; is it his lying mouth, your deceiving ears  or your brain that is causing you the conflict and grief?

Brain :-D...No conflick and no grief from me,but there is plenty of grief from sellers of inpact products and lots of conflick and grief from racers sponsered by inpact.

JL222
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 12:12:45 PM by jl222 »

Offline joea

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 12:38:33 PM »
I wouldn't believe a word those low lifes said, if I knew they were selling the truth....

Joe :)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 01:00:42 PM »
 :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!