Author Topic: Passing of Florence Nafzger  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Passing of Florence Nafzger
« on: March 21, 2010, 12:31:41 PM »
Florence Nafzger, Wife of Howard Nafzger passed away yesterday. They were married 57 years. She was the crew chief and pit boss as well as cheer leader for both of Howards streamliners and the sons circle track racing. Rest in Peace dear lady.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline dw230

Re: Passing of Florence Nafzger
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 12:40:34 PM »
Thats a shame. I knew Florence from Howard's years at the salt. She seemed to be a wonderful lady and Mother.

God Speed Florence,
DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 09:25:44 PM »
Howard,
So sad to hear of your loss.  Every time I see that Jimmy 302 sitting in my shop --I think of my vist at your place and you and your wifes wonderful hospitality... wmts
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Brian Westerdahl

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 09:55:36 PM »
Howard:  Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.  Very sorry.  God Bless you all.

Offline Harold Bettes

• Firebase High Country
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 10:44:55 PM »
Howard,

It has been a long time since we have spoken. I recall that it was at Bonneville.

Please accept our condolences for your loss. The loss of a mate is something that our words are just too insignificant to attempt to convey our sadness for your loss.

May your wife rest in peace.

Sincerely,
HB2
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 07:19:37 PM »
Howard
Our condolences for your loss.  Our thoughts and prayers are also with you and the family.  God Bless and Godspeed Florence
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Howard

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 11:41:07 PM »
Thank you for your remembrance of my faithful wife Florence. Including our dating in High School our relationship spanned 60 years. She was the biggest part of my life for all my adult years.
There are no words to describe how lost I feel right now. I will never forget her but time will help take the pain away.
Cherish your wife and family and all those you love because in less than a heartbeat they can be gone from your life.
I am entering a new chapter in my life now and will have to take it one day at a time.
Thank you,
Howard Nafzger

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 06:56:31 PM »
Howard,
So sorry for your loss. I will always remember how helpful you were in helping us obtain our record. It is good to see you have a plan of one day at a time. I am sure it will be hard for you to adjust but you will carry on.
Take care,
John
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20