Author Topic: Fire system installation tips?  (Read 2023 times)

Offline Johntsi

Fire system installation tips?
« on: March 20, 2010, 10:43:47 AM »
Okay hopefully today is the day I install the fire supression systems.  A few questions again, I have 5lb halon kits and here is the plan for nozzles and placement, I am open for any input or changes.

Kit 1 is for the engine bay each kit has 3 nozzles and 2 discharge ports.  The plan is to run one nozzle/discharge posrt  high and down on the fuel rails.  The second discharge would be split, one nozzle on the header and a second nozzle on the oil pan area.

Kit 2 one discharge would go to the dash and 1 nozzle spray at the passenger side firewall area and the second nozzle spray at the drivers side firewall/feet area.  Leaving me with one more discharge port or nozzle where else in the cabin needs one?

McRat

Re: Fire system installation tips?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 11:44:21 AM »
I have a very large cab, so I use 3 nozzles, but I believe most people run just one nozzle in the dash area.  I use two 10lb bottles.
My internal three are driver (from the side at a 45° angle to hit me from feet to neck), one to spray the floor in case oil or fuel puddles there, and a similiar one for the roof in case I land upside down, it will do the same as the floor unit.  It's AFFF (Coldfire).
For the engine, I run 3 Halon, left + right headers, and a smaller direct injection nozzle into the intake to kill the engine in case of a runaway.

That is probably overkill for a car though, and the intake nozzle is diesel-specific.  Diesels don't always shut down when you kill the power.