Author Topic: Hotmail.com Help  (Read 2877 times)

HotRodV8

Hotmail.com Help
« on: March 17, 2010, 10:47:35 AM »
I want to change my email service from AT&T to Hotmail.com. AT&T full service is being discontinued. I see several members here use Hotmail.com and I understand it is free.

My problem is that I don't think Hotmail.com has internet access with it, but only email service. I am asking those with Hotmail.com, what access do you use to serf the web?

Or, what other services would one recommend for internet and email access?

Offline Dave Cox

• http://www.olddeadcars.com
Re: Hotmail.com Help
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 10:55:14 AM »
Hotmail is free email only from MSN. I use internet access from my TV cable provider (Time Warner). Whatever you go with, don't use dial-up, it's dead. Check your cable provider or phone provider for options.

Dave

HotRodV8

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 11:06:19 AM »
Hello Dave - -

Good point to use my cable provider. I tried that last year and my "antique" computer would not handle the high speed access. I'm trying to move out of state and didn't want to buy a new computer until after the move out west.

I'm looking for an easy quick fix for now and may have to go with some dial up system.  :?

Thanks anyway.

Bill

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 11:34:17 AM »
NetZero http://www.netzero.net/ has a free access program (limited to 10 hours a month) and a $9.95/month program - I didn't check to see if there is a contract length or a termination surcharge.

You might check it out.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

HotRodV8

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 12:27:03 PM »
4-B-Mike - -

Checked into Netzero. Free net access of 10 hours/month isn't enough for me since I'd spend that time alone on Landracing.com. Started to read their "Rules" which seemed to be written by at least "666 lawyers." For unlimited service, they do have an access fee, installation fee and a early termination fee, but they would not say how much until you actually sign up.

I'll still look around for something short term and easy access. Thanks for the suggestion.

Bill

Offline bill78

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 06:03:15 PM »
You might want check on Netscape.com. It is powered by AOL. $9.95 a month.

HotRodV8

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 09:37:52 PM »
bill78 - -

Thanks, it looks like Netscape is best and the easy way to switch over from AT&T. It is $9.95 per month and no yearly contract for internet service and e-mail is included. Just that easy. Thanks again.

Bill

landracing

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 11:37:21 PM »
How about setting up email with hotmail - since it is not dependent on service. The email stays with you no matter what - does not care how many "internet providers" you go thru.

If you want the best free unlimited solution - goto your local libarary and setup camp there. It's free and you will be surrounded by all kinds of knowledge. If anything search out any LSR Related book while you are there.

I take it you dont have a laptop with wireless connection - you could goto any local hot spot and get free access. Shoot even McDonalds has it.

If that solution still doesn't work - then buy yourself a cheap wireless adapter and see you if have any neighbors that have a unsecured wireless network and just get access that way. Or offer your neighbor a 20 spot to use their wireless network.

For you people out there who want to cheap out - setup a comcast account with the 50 mb service - then setup 3 access points in your house with wireless 802.11N then ask your neighbors to chip in for blazing download speeds at 50 mb/sec (peak) - If access points are setup right you could get 10 houses easily that can have service for $5 or $10 each to cover the costs. - you idealy want to be the host of the service because you can hardwire to the modem and have the fastest service :)

JonAmo