Author Topic: Camping in 2010?  (Read 3648 times)

Offline 944EVer

• New folks
    • EVAlbum
Camping in 2010?
« on: March 16, 2010, 02:47:12 PM »
Looking through the archives it looks like there was camping at Loring in 2009. Can anyone confirm whether or not there will be camping allowed at the track this year?

Thanks

Dave Cover
#9410 Porsche 944 EV
LTA III/E - 112 mph

Offline tedgram

Re: Camping in 2010?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 07:22:51 PM »
There should be camping allowed at the field. I would count on it. If my wife go's I will have to get a room.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 07:34:42 PM by tedgram »

Offline entropy

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 10:47:10 AM »
There should be camping allowed at the field. I would count on it. If my wife go's I will have to get a room.

my kids are always telling my wife & I to "get a room", so i know the feeling  :-D

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 07:46:04 PM »
Camping/RV deal same as last year, you are just a overnight spectator. We are also trying to get a water source for both the campers and the racers , and will have triple the porta potties this year.
BW

Offline petercalaguiro

• May 2015
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 07:50:40 PM »
Is getting a motel room an issue at this event?
Peter
Peter
02G0250

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 09:48:10 PM »
Peter,  

The Brand NEW   Hampton Inn in Presque Isle  (20 miles away) still has rooms.

King is $99  two Queens is $95  make sure to mention   LTA  Racer Discount,,, nice folks,,

Price includes nice breakfast, free internet, coffee, and a exercise room.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline Kawi9

• New folks
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 06:25:30 PM »
It's the first time a go to Loring and i'm asking the same question. I want to know if we can camp with a RV on the Loring site all time of the event ?

If not, anybody know where can i find a campgroud near Loring ?  Thanks

Offline tedgram

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 06:57:30 AM »
It's the first time a go to Loring and i'm asking the same question. I want to know if we can camp with a RV on the Loring site all time of the event ?

If not, anybody know where can i find a campgroud near Loring ?  Thanks

Camping is allowed, I'm planing on tenting.

Offline Bob Wanner

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 10:48:34 AM »
Rather than search through the gazillion threads on these LTA forums, I be 'splainin here briefly.
Check out the track info/map  http://www.lta-lsr.com/track.htm
Check that diagonal runway that  runs NE/SW towards the start area. Park neatly on the edge, leave room for others. A little common sense about littering, personal trash, please, and we'll all be happy campers. Whatever you bring in ,take out with you. Very large vehicle?, consider the large concrete area directly in front of the big hangar at the bottom.  No late noise (after 11pm), no firing up vehicles before 7am, and although the Loring Dev Co has no regs regarding dogs, it seems like a hazardous environment to the LTA, and we discourage, but do not disallow bringing Fido at  this time. Keep him/her Bungeed ?
You are just another spectator, and spectator fee has risen to $10 due to our costs rising appreciably, ( four times the Porta potties,frinstance), but that $10 is for the entire event, not a daily fee. If you come very early, please search out an LTA Volunteer at the entry area to pay,sign the release, and get a wristband. We found running down spectators on this huge area to be a time consuming task, and we'll need all our Vols in the main area on the bottom end.
Obviously,camping/parking any RV in the pit area w/o a race vehicle is not allowed. we need that for the competitors that require access to tools/equipt to service the cars/bikes.
I hope that covers it all ?
Bob W, Medusa LTA Guy