Author Topic: EL MIRAGE CLASSIFICATION  (Read 6766 times)

Offline FADED

EL MIRAGE CLASSIFICATION
« on: March 11, 2010, 02:43:29 PM »
HI, I'm playing with a lil 2 wheeled racer to run at El Mirage. I have the SCTA rule books but Im kinda confused on which class I would be in. It will have a custom frame based off a yamaha mini enduro back bone, ridged stretched 4" and front raked 2 degrees. the motor will be a old Hodaka 100cc 2-stroke. no fairings or nothing. What class will I be in and what is the current ElMo record for the class? Also I was reading in the rule book about minimum speeds? Whats that mean?
*********************WARNING***************************
******* JUST THE FIRST OF A BUNCH OF QUESTIONS***************
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 02:50:51 PM by FADED »

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: EL MIRAGE CLASSIFICATION
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 02:50:56 PM »
I looked in the '1- rulebook and come up with this:

First of all, you'd be in A/G 100 class -- altered gas, that is -- assuming you're running event gas and mixing the oil while there's an inspector there to watch.  I suppose that's the rule for 2-strokes.  And running no bodywork at all puts you in "naked" bike class.  Therefore the A/G.  100 for the displacement, which will be measured if you qualify for a record.

The record looks to me like 98.510, set in '97.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 04:13:37 PM »
Faded --

You haven't mentioned joining an SCTA club.  Have you?  You can only run limited times as a guest and can't set a record as one.  The clubs are on the SCTA website -- and in the back of the Rule Book.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline FADED

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 04:22:19 PM »
STAN, that was going to be a topic for another question, which SoCal club is the best??

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 04:24:53 PM »
Oh, no, don't start that again.  You'll hear from at least three clubs (or their members), I figure, each telling you that THEIR club is the best.  Are you in SoCal?  Some of the clubs don't allow members to live more than XXX miles from home.  Most, if not all, will require you to do some scheduled volunteer work at El Mirage.

As for which is the best -- well, I favor the Gear Grinders.  There -- my opinion.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Dakzila

• 1956 Triumph cub
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 04:39:51 PM »
Sidewinders, of course!!!..... :cheers:

Buzz
"Marred by indecision; vision is blurred, confidence deteriorates and progress stagnates."

"It's not about what you did.....It's about what you do!"

"Regret is part of the aging process and should never be confused with failure."

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 04:40:10 PM »
Lets see, in his local we have the Gear Grinders, Rod Riders, Sidewinders, Land Speed Racers,roadrunners,and the Milers
Oh and that club down by Mexico SDRC and a couple of others as well. Shouldn't be hard to find one. Gee I vote for the Gear Grinders too.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 04:42:33 PM »
if you put a yamaha motor in your yamaha frame it would be in the M class at Bonneville but all bikes ofher than production run in "A" at elmo (no M class at elmo).... by da way... SDRC is da best club!!!
kent

Offline FADED

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 04:59:25 PM »
UH OH Didn't mean to start drama, I'm an old guy who dont drink so I dont need party club. But a local club in the OC or LA area. Volunteer clean up? cool Im there!

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 05:53:18 PM »
The Gear Grinders would be a great club to join!
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 07:45:56 PM »
Welcome and and if you want to join a bike friendly "winning" club then SDRC is the best and only choice for you, if you want to have a good time and not take in the great feeling of being in the best club then any of the others are for you  :lol:

Either way as mentioned..welcome and good luck.  :cheers:

John

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 08:31:06 PM »
Sigh...  :|   Now see what you've done faded?  You poor thing, you had absolutely NO idea what you were doing!!   :-o

Alright you guys, give the man some air!!!  I'm sure faded will be a great addition to any of the clubs!!  And yes, each of your clubs are wonderful, perfect, and your number 1!!  :-D

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline desotoman

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 10:12:33 PM »
which SoCal club is the best??

As you can see that is a loaded question, and opinions will vary. LOL. Call the clubs closest to your location, and ask them what they have to offer you. What I mean by that is how many duties you have to pull, how many times a month they meet, what they charge for dues, etc. Then you can decide from the information gathered.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline FADED

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 10:25:54 PM »
Sigh...  :|   Now see what you've done faded?  You poor thing, you had absolutely NO idea what you were doing!!   :-o

STAN BACK STARTED IT!!!!!!!   :-D

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 10:29:09 PM »
UH OH Didn't mean to start drama, I'm an old guy youngster who dont drink so I dont need party club. But a local club in the OC or LA area. Volunteer clean up? cool Im there!

If you're 44, I fixed it for you.   :mrgreen:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!